New Merch Ops TL

For my store model, Merch ops is losing the backroom & receiving as well as the ETL. Our GM ETL will now oversee all of it again
Oof. I do know that the Stores Growth BPs are listening to feedback during visits but I'd make sure that your store is giving as much feedback as possible other ways.

So Merch Ops reports to GM then? I think it might work if Merch Ops gets the significant payroll investment it needs.

Oof. I do know that the Stores Growth BPs are listening to feedback during visits but I'd make sure that your store is giving as much feedback as possible other ways.

So Merch Ops reports to GM then? I think it might work if Merch Ops gets the significant payroll investment it needs.
Correct, that’s the main thing I told them. I could easily make it work if I even had 5 extra hours a day for backroom but I was not given that. Now that GM owns backroom they’re going to invest EIGHT extra hours a day when all I asked for was 5. Of course they’ll be able to succeed now 🙃🙃

At my store, I also lost backroom and rev log. Two of the areas I found most interesting. The trouble is that we weren't being given hours for backstock. Note: I didn't say "accurate" hours, rather, we were literally allocated zero hours for this. We were given presentation, revLog, and possibly a modicum of hours for price change (insufficient). Whatever initial assumptions they had about the state of stores, or workload hours standards were widely inaccurate. Most likely due to stores trying to suck D whenever they have visits. So depressing...

Back