Archived New opportunities to use my talents

Do you think applying to Ulta was a good idea for me?

• Yes

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As my postings have certainly showed, I haven't really been content with the way team members (both myself and others) were treated by Target. Recently, I went shopping at Ulta and found out that the store closest to where I live had a position that was about to open. I considered applying for about two weeks, and finally submitted my application today. I chose to apply there because of my interest in and knowledge of makeup, and the fact that I'm considering going into cosmetology, and because they said they could use someone with a good knowledge of the more affordable drugstore makeup brands that they sell. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get the position, because I really need a more positive work environment. I'm tired of all the drama at my store.

It's a good idea to interview for a job at least once a year to brush up on interviewing skills and to test out the job market. Who knows, maybe Ulta will pay better and/or give you better hours? If Target is making you feel flat, the change of venue alone may help improve your outlook.

Remember not to burn any bridges but it'll be fun to watch their faces when you grab a voluntary term form.

A fellow tm left Target for Ulta and seems to enjoy the fact that there's less drama. However, I know she isn't thrilled with the lack of hours. Hopefully this will be a good move for you. Good luck!

Good luck and let us know how everything goes for you.

It's been two weeks and I haven't received so much as an email even after calling to follow up after the interview. What gives, man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back