MEGATHREAD New POS (post-cutover)

Anyone else in a test store for the Circle earnings popups after you hit the pay button? It gives a screen prompt to ask the guest if they want to use their Circle earnings for that purchase along with a $$ amount of their total earnings.

Anyone else in a test store for the Circle earnings popups after you hit the pay button? It gives a screen prompt to ask the guest if they want to use their Circle earnings for that purchase along with a $$ amount of their total earnings.
I’m not in a test but I really like that. So many guests have no idea they have earnings. This will be a huge win I think

Do you need to scan the app? If all they are requiring is a phone number to use someone's earnings that's kind of scary.

Last edited:
I will shit bricks if they add Simple Mobile, Mint Mobile, and etc. eSIM activations. PLEASE!!!!

I will shit bricks if they add Simple Mobile, Mint Mobile, and etc. eSIM activations. PLEASE!!!!
Yk I would think that would fall under the POA. IS the POS supposed to replace the POA? If thats the case why did they transition them to a myDevice. Also I am talking to my ETL about getting rid of our MarketSource TM. He is the weirdest man alive. He randomly sings WHILE HELPING GUESTS. He speeks in a deep ass voice saying dumb shit like " I am the dark lord. This is my world" stupid things, he says those things WHILE guests are right next to him. I told him to stop so many times that I might as well be talking to a wall. He sleeps at the desk with his KEYS out on the desk. And when I tell him to make sure it on him, he just moves the keys closer to him. Today I said fuck it, took his keys away.

Oh also he does a fake russian accent even though he is not russian ( i am russian ) I've literally had guests come up to me asking if hes on drugs. When I told him about that he responded with " I don't care what others think " MF you work in retail!

I have so much more that i wrote in an email to my ETL. I am tired of babysitting him. I would rather have noone than him. I'm tired of this dude.

Yk I would think that would fall under the POA. IS the POS supposed to replace the POA? If thats the case why did they transition them to a myDevice. Also I am talking to my ETL about getting rid of our MarketSource TM. He is the weirdest man alive. He randomly sings WHILE HELPING GUESTS. He speeks in a deep ass voice saying dumb shit like " I am the dark lord. This is my world" stupid things, he says those things WHILE guests are right next to him. I told him to stop so many times that I might as well be talking to a wall. He sleeps at the desk with his KEYS out on the desk. And when I tell him to make sure it on him, he just moves the keys closer to him. Today I said fuck it, took his keys away.

Oh also he does a fake russian accent even though he is not russian ( i am russian ) I've literally had guests come up to me asking if hes on drugs. When I told him about that he responded with " I don't care what others think " MF you work in retail!

I have so much more that i wrote in an email to my ETL. I am tired of babysitting him. I would rather have noone than him. I'm tired of this dude.
They probably didn't want to bother keeping the laptops updated, and I'm sure in some places they were stolen as they are only velcro to the mount. They were also using Guest Wifi, which I guess is quite unsecured.

No one really seeks to get a job with MarketSource, they prey on vulnerable people on LinkedIn, and barely tell you it is in fact, not working for Target. So you can see why they get some clowns most of the time.

Our guy is similar and just goes on and on and on about movies, you would swear he was IMDb himself. Today he was watching the football games and screaming and swearing at it. 🙄

I am hoping they replace MarketSource soon. The POA is so easy to use, TMs could definitely figure it out. The problem is current scheduling does not take into consideration any problem solving you have to do like calling ATT or Consumer to push through an activation. Target could definitely axe MarketSource if they scheduled double coverage.

I am hoping they replace MarketSource soon. The POA is so easy to use, TMs could definitely figure it out. The problem is current scheduling does not take into consideration any problem solving you have to do like calling ATT or Consumer to push through an activation. Target could definitely axe MarketSource if they scheduled double coverage.
I am so down to do marketsources job if they leave tech alone at my store. Just like let me do JUST electronics and JUST entertainment. Esp if we have to help people long term.

My store has been without MarketSource for over 4 years. At first, tech TMs took over. It was hell. Even with double coverage and sometimes triple coverage, tech would spend all day doing nothing but phones and have to call for backup to help other guests. Freight piled up.

Now, we have a better policy. We do not service phones at all. We just sell them. Full stop. Anything else and we can't help you. We don't have a contract with any carrier to do the other stuff, so we don't. It pisses off the occasional Boomer Cellular guest, but at least tech can get their work done when they bother showing up.*

*We have an entirely new tech team who all started within the last month when the old team went back to college. Attendance is a major issue. Since my TL also owns tech, I get the keys about half the time I'm in the building.

I saw someone mention an idea I had a long time ago in the discord.

Why doesn't the newPOS have images during returns. Ofc only have it show up if you hit the little I so it doesn't take up 10000 percent of the screen. Would be really helpful for style items. Wouldn't be hard to implement either.

Also, This is probably planned and if its not then it should be, the new POS should have the ability to place online orders for guests. Charge them instore using the card reader, have a receipt with the confirmation and all the delivery info too.

Yeahh you can use a MCO but its so chonky lol.

also I HATE how the POS signs you out automatically on the tech registers. Literally impossible to reprint a receipt. Have a cool down timer. "Transaction complete Logging out in 10....9....8....7... " you can cancel that if you need to print a receipt again. I think 10 seconds is a good amt of time with the benefit of security.

found an odd bug. don’t know if it happens with the NCR scos (we have 🎉THE NEXT GEN SELF CHECKOUT🎉)
Can we talk about how shit of a name that is by the way. Next gen my ASS. Them MFS have a old i5 in the LOL.

anyways, the little “Don’t forget to grab your receipt! Thanks! See you again soon” message is cut off. it says “-epit! thanks see you again soon!”

Last edited:
Are we ever going to get the ability to monitor SCO from Zebra? I feel like every other chain has this except us….

Also, This is probably planned and if its not then it should be, the new POS should have the ability to place online orders for guests. Charge them instore using the card reader, have a receipt with the confirmation and all the delivery info too.
In addition to or instead of the myCheckout?

also I HATE how the POS signs you out automatically on the tech registers. Literally impossible to reprint a receipt. Have a cool down timer. "Transaction complete Logging out in 10....9....8....7... " you can cancel that if you need to print a receipt again. I think 10 seconds is a good amt of time with the benefit of security.
People have been getting PISSED I can't print them an extra receipt

Should be an addition to because the Mycheckout devices at my store are trash and yes I’ve told our PML/TL. still trash.
MyCheckout has been one of the best experiences, especially when they made it so you cannot even start until the card reader is connected. My only wish is that they would not clear the entire apps memory by clicking the square multitasking button. But yeah it probably could be done better on POS now.

Back