Service & Engagement New POS Register Checklist

Does anyone know the method behind this? It seems to leave a lot of money in registers overnight so our store hasn’t been following it so I’m curious what the devs/corporate was going for here. How often does the list update, what triggers a register to be put on the list?

it’s literally just a list of whatever registers recorded a transaction for the day. you don’t need to follow it. my team replaces all funds every day by default in keeping with previous best practice

We use the receipt paper as a way to keep track of which drawers were used. We simply eject a few inches of paper and mark it. If the mark is still there when we close the next night, we just swap the bags. I think having a checklist would be helpful.
We used the checklist to see which ones had been used.
Unused ones we simply swapped the bags without rebanking.
If the drawer was opened, regardless if money was untouched, it must be rebanked.

it’s literally just a list of whatever registers recorded a transaction for the day. you don’t need to follow it. my team replaces all funds every day by default in keeping with previous best practice
It’s not though…. because the list is not accurate with which registers had cash transactions. And clearly it isn’t best practice anymore to bank all the registers so I’m trying to figure out what Target is going for here with the new best practice….

It’s not though…. because the list is not accurate with which registers had cash transactions. And clearly it isn’t best practice anymore to bank all the registers so I’m trying to figure out what Target is going for here with the new best practice….
it is though, and if your checklist is inaccurate then you should be reporting it to csc as a technical error

quick edit: while i'm here, why care what the checklist says anyway? it's a text readout on a screen. if it's somehow causing you problems, work around it while the problem is fixed. my team hasn't used the checklist from day one. this idea of "trying to figure out what Target is going for here" is a waste of your time and your energy and you should refocus it elsewhere

Last edited:
it is though, and if your checklist is inaccurate then you should be reporting it to csc as a technical error

quick edit: while i'm here, why care what the checklist says anyway? it's a text readout on a screen. if it's somehow causing you problems, work around it while the problem is fixed. my team hasn't used the checklist from day one. this idea of "trying to figure out what Target is going for here" is a waste of your time and your energy and you should refocus it elsewhere
A real waste of my time and energy is banking 90% of the lanes, yes we have a way to tell which registers were used but not all of the 90% used cash. And when your Target has 36 registers I don’t consider it a waste of my time.

i have 35 registers and it takes my team like an hour to get their closing done at the end of the night. just don't really understand the complaint or the issue, sorry

Back