Archived New POS update is a POS

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, the update thus far has removed the ability to defect items at the service desk because all registers are the same (hooray) so now the service desk "advocates" literally cant function without a zebra.

Also, returns are now a nightmare with no receipt which is honestly at least half of them if not more, because if the item is missed salvage or online only instead of prompting "how much is this" it auto denies them.

Another issue, the tiny UPC barcode on the shipping/stocking stickers on larger items now prompts "how much is this" instead of ringing up the item? Not a huge deal except on very bulky/heavy items where the barcode is on the bottom of the item.

No current way to log items into empty packaging? Well there's a binder but they rarely go through that stuff as it is so that's going to seriously hurt our inventory if there's not a way to put it into the system. INF city right there.

Lastly. How the monkey do we close our boxes now? Because the barcodes stopped working so we've been on like 3 days without closing them

TLDR; Target has made the service desk impossible. How can we advocate for the guest if nothing even works?

Lastly. How the monkey do we close our boxes now? Because the barcodes stopped working so we've been on like 3 days without closing them

you don't.

First, the update thus far has removed the ability to defect items at the service desk because all registers are the same (hooray) so now the service desk "advocates" literally cant function without a zebra.

you should have a myDevice anyway to assist guests with Order Pickup or the various other myWork functions...?

you don't.

you should have a myDevice anyway to assist guests with Order Pickup or the various other myWork functions...?

Yeah they have one zebra with a line of 15 people doing order pick up and you need to defect or look something up? Not happening.. Not enough equipment. Now every single person on the floor has to have a zebra and there has to be at least two at a guest service counter. Guess what? We have a front end ETL who doesn't give a shit about sending in busted equipment so the six printers and 10 zebra's sitting on his desk have been there a month and he doesn't know how to send them in. And has said he doesn't care.

Also these changes were NOT communicated to GS TM's at all. Shit just stopped working and the TL's and ETL's just went - send a my support.

I 100% agree. Who thought any of this was a good idea? It slows down the entire process and doubles if not triples the workload for whomever is working GS.
The worst part is this...... If the person working GS earlier in the day doesn't keep up with things you'll end up with a gigantic pile of shit to defect out.... At that point it's impossible to know why things are being defected out...
The fact the register used to print the label out with the return was a life saver. Even then my team had problems keeping up with the workload.
Why does Target keep making everything harder?

I 100% agree. Who thought any of this was a good idea? It slows down the entire process and doubles if not triples the workload for whomever is working GS.
The worst part is this...... If the person working GS earlier in the day doesn't keep up with things you'll end up with a gigantic pile of shit to defect out.... At that point it's impossible to know why things are being defected out...
The fact the register used to print the label out with the return was a life saver. Even then my team had problems keeping up with the workload.
Why does Target keep making everything harder?
Because the people who come up with this stuff have not worked in a Target store in decades, if they ever did at all

you don't.

Having a myDevice and having a Zebra printer as well is a different thing entirely. Very few TMs carry a zebra printer required for defecting, and if they do carry one it most likely has receipt tape and in PDF mode for myCheckout.

Having a myDevice and having a Zebra printer as well is a different thing entirely. Very few TMs carry a zebra printer required for defecting, and if they do carry one it most likely has receipt tape and in PDF mode for myCheckout.
Lol wut.

We have never used receipt tape in a zebra printer and have never used the mycheckout in that way, only in the save the sale way 😂

Yeah they have one zebra with a line of 15 people doing order pick up and you need to defect or look something up? Not happening.. Not enough equipment. Now every single person on the floor has to have a zebra and there has to be at least two at a guest service counter. Guess what? We have a front end ETL who doesn't give a shit about sending in busted equipment so the six printers and 10 zebra's sitting on his desk have been there a month and he doesn't know how to send them in. And has said he doesn't care.

Also these changes were NOT communicated to GS TM's at all. Shit just stopped working and the TL's and ETL's just went - send a my support.
^THIS^

My checkout (save the sale) is, but mobile checkout (line busting) is the most useless app ever. There is no situation in which line busting on that is gonna be faster than opening up a lane
Clearly you’ve never worked in a busy store. It’s great for two options.

1.) every register is open which happened to me almost every weekend.
2.) You're not that busy but SCO is a little backed up and by the time a backup gets there the line will likely be gone.

Again it’s a great tool of utilized properly. Every guest I’ve ever used it for has been ecstatic for the option.

Clearly you’ve never worked in a busy store. It’s great for two options.

1.) every register is open which happened to me almost every weekend.
2.) You're not that busy but SCO is a little backed up and by the time a backup gets there the line will likely be gone.

Again it’s a great tool of utilized properly. Every guest I’ve ever used it for has been ecstatic for the option.
My store has (including SCO) 20 lanes. The only time they’re ALL in use is Black Friday/Xmas Eve etc.

If the line will be gone in the time it takes backup to get there, that’s either not a very long line or your store has serious response issues

My store has (including SCO) 20 lanes. The only time they’re ALL in use is Black Friday/Xmas Eve etc.

If the line will be gone in the time it takes backup to get there, that’s either not a very long line or your store has serious response issues
We did 65 million a year with 10 registers plus 4 sco so yeah it was always busy.

It’s more about the personal experience for that guest. If someone at sco has a few items and I can walk over there and check them out in less than a minute then they are way happier than me calling a backup and standing there watching them wait in line. It’s all about perspective from the guest

10 CLs and only 4 SCO? yikes
Haha yeah I’m not at that store anymore but they get a remodel this year and are adding 6 registers and 4 more SCO. They used to have 14 when the store opened and took some out when they added pfresh 10ish years ago. Then the stores sales almost doubled in those 10 years and they regret taking out the registers.

We run with such a skeleton crew up front most of the year, and even on a busy weekend have open only about 25% of our lanes open.
This.
We did 65 million a year with 10 registers plus 4 sco so yeah it was always busy.

It’s more about the personal experience for that guest. If someone at sco has a few items and I can walk over there and check them out in less than a minute then they are way happier than me calling a backup and standing there watching them wait in line. It’s all about perspective from the guest
Idk what devices you’re using but ours take at least a minute to just open MCO lol... it’s just faster to log in to their nearest POS

Be logged in already?
ITs not logging in. You log in, and it just loads. And loads. And loads. Then you scan an item. And it loads. And loads. And loads. You get the point.

Maybe it’ll get better over time but at least when I last used it a few weeks ago, POS was objectively faster. POS has many, many faults, but surprisingly, speed isn’t one of them. It’s quite fast considering how bad it is in so many other aspects.

ITs not logging in. You log in, and it just loads. And loads. And loads. Then you scan an item. And it loads. And loads. And loads. You get the point.

Maybe it’ll get better over time but at least when I last used it a few weeks ago, POS was objectively faster. POS has many, many faults, but surprisingly, speed isn’t one of them. It’s quite fast considering how bad it is in so many other aspects.

Honestly I have never had issues with it. Maybe originally we had some issues but we sent all of ours out for repair if that was the case.

They are logged in and pretty much on that app all day ready for them to be used. I’ve never had a guest mind it as long as they only have a few items that don’t really need bagging. It takes Target Wallet as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back