Archived New PTL...so much to clean up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops;) posted this in the wrong spot so I'm reposting here.

Hey everyone, I've recently taken over as PTL in my store; In my short 2 weeks in role, I have found multiple issues Mostly, I want to know how to go about fixing these issues, and which ones I should focus on. Any help?

Last edited:
The wrong thread was deleted, lulz.

Oops;) posted this in the wrong spot so I'm reposting here.

Hey everyone, I've recently taken over as PTL in my store; the former leader was promoted to ETL. In my short 2 weeks in role, I have found multiple issues ranging from missed revisions, to "fake" ties, to POGs being set incorrectly altogether. Not to mention my team's bad attitude! I'm frustrated that the former leader was promoted when there are so many issues!!! Mostly, I want to know how to go about fixing these issues, and which ones I should focus on. Any help?
I've been the ptl for 17 of my 28 years so I have learned a few things over the years. First of all work with your team set planos, revisions and sales planers. If they know your with them and know what there workload they will respect you and work well for you. Have there back...its hard to go backwards. This time of year everything is resetting. Make sure you set all Plano's and revisions going forward. You'll catch up. Work your location accrcey report. Weekly. I do and I have three Planos on my report. Plan plan plan.... I have my workload planned on paper six weeks out. Planing that far out let's you see what coming how many hours you need if you might need some back up. Have fun this is the best TL position in the store in my opinion...

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it. Another question for you: how involved is your etl? I really don't like being micromanaged. I want my etl to be involved, but not to undermine my plans. I feel she sometimes will change up my entire plan just because she can. Especially on my day off.

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it. Another question for you: how involved is your etl? I really don't like being micromanaged. I want my etl to be involved, but not to undermine my plans. I feel she sometimes will change up my entire plan just because she can. Especially on my day off.
I have gone through a lot of etls they all trust me and my plans. You need to prove to your etl that you can be trusted. Right now your new to the position. My etl at this time tries to mirco manage sometimes. I just let him know that I do know what I'm doing. The key is have a good plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back