Archived NEW Registers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 15 years of constant crashing, freezing, frustration, headaches and slowly falling apart... our store has finally installed the new NCR sleek black registers, the catch though is we don't have the price module for a few weeks, so cashiers are gonna have to deal with extra hawking guests.

Anyone else getting new registers? I believe ours are from Canada left overs.

Not in my store. We still have old and keep crashing registers.

OhMyGod our registers crashed all day long! Rebooting the most used ones several times a day surely indicates that something is wrong! We limp by each and every day with frozen screens, locked up card readers and printers, it's just a nightmare. I'm talking ALL registers in the front. Electronics, jewelry and cafe don't have that problem.

Spot and every other retailer needs to start investing in regularly updating its registers and POS software. This is not an issue that is limited to Target. It seems every place insists on having shitty, horribly outdated systems and all it leads to are headaches, angry guests/customers and frustrated employees. But I know the bigwigs don't have to deal with it so it will likely never change.

There is no excuse with all the great technology we have that registers and myDevices, etc. are always crashing.

We got some too. I feel like they're just a split second faster...otherwise they're completely the same. I'm more excited to have clean registers with all the buttons and attachments. No tape or stickers are allowed on them!!!! I will smite anyone whom even thinks of it!

Now all we need is a POS update.

I can deal with the old crappy registers, it's the whole belt furniture that hold the registers that we need to change. Those are so ghetto and they make our Starbucks look wackier.

Ask and you shall receive (please let me know if you guys see anything revealing, I think I got it all blurred);
Front:
9AEA19D4-2A49-49B6-9161-F707418E6C4C_zpsu6vhabwt.jpg

Scanner (we can't figure out what the buttons are for aside from the obvious sound button, but the camera is suspicious, we're speculating maybe AP can watch cashiers? Also seems these scanners might have a mic built in as well):
FDCFFF25-349E-4A42-8A7B-3F611BD304EB_zpsh8cpkotw.jpg

Back (with price module thing):
8141827F-CE5A-4B5F-95E4-D4F291BA61F4_zps2z0mgpx3.jpg

Also got word today that next year our ENTIRE store is going to be remodeled... Not sure what the specifics are exactly considering we just did Home Reno, Electronics, Softlines etc... within the past year. However, guest services is def priority, photo might be combined and get turned into fulfillment storage, Starbucks may grow into a full Starbucks with the ovens, and food ave will be outsourced. Our front end might get rebuilt, we have two doors, so I doubt we'll go to one, but wouldn't be surprised to see windows added with cafe pushed out a bit and new glass entrances and glass cartwells. Also lanes might be revamped and stacked rather than singular, and the store overall might be flipped to fit the new racetrack design (walk in, guest services > softlines > electronics > hardlines > market > pharmacy > front end > food ave etc).

Yes they are indeed very pretty, but don't be fooled because the POS sucks even on the newer machines. It's kinda slow (not as slow as before, but still a little lag). I think it's time for a new modern POS that actually uses the processing power of the newer machines.

Are these refurbished machines from somewhere else? They're supposed to be new, but a few of our registers have missing buttons, or the buttons are in the wrong spots. Like for example, the "Merch Locate" and "Suspend" buttons are swapped. And some of the "K1-8" buttons are missing. Well, the button is there, but the yellow label is gone on some keys on some registers. They don't look used in any way. But, the detail work is kinda terrible.

Anyway, it's nice to have new hardware...but now I'm eagerly waiting for an update.

Are these refurbished machines from somewhere else? They're supposed to be new, but a few of our registers have missing buttons, or the buttons are in the wrong spots. Like for example, the "Merch Locate" and "Suspend" buttons are swapped. And some of the "K1-8" buttons are missing. Well, the button is there, but the yellow label is gone on some keys on some registers. They don't look used in any way. But, the detail work is kinda terrible.

Anyway, it's nice to have new hardware...but now I'm eagerly waiting for an update.

Honestly they probably fell off in transport, and/or someone hit it off and put them back in the wrong spots. It seems this one is a generic register with labels slapped on and it's only kept down by a plastic tab that pops right off if hit at a certain angle. I imagine cashiers with sticky fingers will probably be pulling them off. GSTL's are betting by Christmas we'll only have a few numbers and the lower k's lol.

Gorgeous registers, but the outdated ugly POS software is still there. Time to invest just a liiiitle bit more cash in upgrading that, Brian! I know it's hard for this company to part ways with money but they can do it...I have faith!!

Gorgeous registers, but the outdated ugly POS software is still there. Time to invest just a liiiitle bit more cash in upgrading that, Brian! I know it's hard for this company to part ways with money but they can do it...I have faith!!

Remember what happened when the MyDevices rolled out? A completely overhauled POS software could be unfathomably disastrous given Spot's reputation.

I was expecting like a brand new operating system or at least make them touch screens. They look nicer than the white ones we have though
The ones that food ave/starbucks got are touch screen, their POS is the same design but a little bit of a different interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back