Archived New registers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought there was a thread on this - search failed me.

We got the new card readers while I was gone - yay!!!

But I heard we are still slated to get new registers mid-month next month. Last time I read about this, it seemed we already have the ones "you guys" indicated were the updated ones. Will we just get updated/new ones of those? Which would be fine - cause ours suck and are an IT nightmare.

But something new and exciting would be so much more fun! :p

One of the stores in our district got new ones. From what I saw it is just new equipment, not an upgraded POS experience.

It's a bigger screen, faster processor maybe, but still the same old software.

The touchpad is usable though.

I find the screen to be significantly bigger. It took my eyes awhile to get adjusted.

We have NCR registers. I would LOOOOVE to figure out how to turn up the brightness on the monitor! A couple of ours (the most used ones) are so gray...they are hard to read. :(
Anyone know the trick?

Do you have the LCD screens? If so, there should be a button in the middle on the bottom of the screen (not the power button). Push it & it should give you a menu option screen, including brightness. If it doesn't help & your screen is really dim (& older), the monitor may be going out. Have them put in a tech call.

Do you have the LCD screens? If so, there should be a button in the middle on the bottom of the screen (not the power button). Push it & it should give you a menu option screen, including brightness. If it doesn't help & your screen is really dim (& older), the monitor may be going out. Have them put in a tech call.

I'm pushed every button I can find on the front and around it (none) and no menu pops up like it would on your home monitor or the ones in tmsc. It's like the buttons are super glued like the displays back in electronics. lol

The have the monitors hard locked I think. I have no clue how to disengage the hard lock.

Well drat. I was so hoping for something exciting....

At least there is a chance we can use 2 of the lanes that are about useless right now....

Given the fact that the date on the register appears to be from November 2009, and it's the #1 result on google images for "target cashier screen" I'm guessing it's not awbuckit's store # ;)

*facepalm* sorry about that! I was just trying to look out for a fellow poster. Lol :)

Given the fact that the date on the register appears to be from November 2009, and it's the #1 result on google images for "target cashier screen" I'm guessing it's not awbuckit's store # ;)

*facepalm* sorry about that! I was just trying to look out for a fellow poster. Lol :)

It was a good thought, we appreciate it.

I hate the new registers. We got ours about 2 months ago. We're starting our remodel now to add to it. My issues with them:

1.) They crash or just restart in the middle of transactions all the time.
2.) Even though they are brand new, the labels on the keys are already falling off on almost every single one of them.
3.) They are a lot harder to pop than the older NCR registers. They put the hole all the way at the back so trying to stick a pen in the slot is really difficult.
4.) There isn't enough room to swipe a card on the registers actual card reader without getting your hand pinched between the register and the sidewall.
5.) I like the viewing area on the bigger screens, but they burn my eyes out first thing in the morning.

Now that we are in remodel phase, we have 9 registers. IGS is being built, and we'll get an extra 3 registers. BUT. When these new registers crash, break down due to technical issues, we've found it challenging to keep the lanes properly backed up (especially on the weekends). One day we had 3 registers down. Card reader didn't work on one. Conveyer belt didn't work on another. And the other register was just frozen. Royal pain in the ass.

When I started a few years ago, we still had the old IBM registers. Those things were horrible. They were God-awful slow, they each crashed at least a few times a day (as well as any time someone tried to use Merch Locate), and they had those tiny black-and-white CRT monitors that couldn't be tilted upward (being able to tilt a monitor upward is a big deal for us tall folks).

The summer we got the NCR machines, I was amazed at how quickly they spit out the receipt and the fact that the screen had color. I was never happier to see red. :D I don't recall having major problems with them other than the global network issues in June. They've been a bit slower since then, but they're still better than the dinosaur IBM registers.

We got the new registers. Some of them randomly turn themselves off. Yes, right in the middle of a transaction. They also freeze pretty often. Sigh...

Usually this happens at the end of a HUGE transaction! A great way to vibe with our guests!

With some of our registers only someone with a "password" can change the screen.

I thought there was a thread on this - search failed me.

We got the new card readers while I was gone - yay!!!

But I heard we are still slated to get new registers mid-month next month. Last time I read about this, it seemed we already have the ones "you guys" indicated were the updated ones. Will we just get updated/new ones of those? Which would be fine - cause ours suck and are an IT nightmare.

But something new and exciting would be so much more fun! :p

I think that the thread you might have been thinking about is: YAY! We got new

OK.....looks like my brain isn't connected to my fingers!

The thread is: YAY!!! New Red card readers yay!!! Or it is something really close...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back