Archived New release purchase policy......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an official stance on the new release purchase policy? I know things are hard locked until release date but after midnight on the date of release can they be purchased?

Target would not get any fines unless the product says can not be purchased until a certain time on that date.

New release music is on itunes at midnight.

Gamestop, Walmart and others do midnight releases of big video games so there are options to purchase the item before Target opens at 8pm.

In my personal opinion to not allow employees to purchase an item that WILL NOT and I repeat NOT SELL OUT when their overnight shift is over is dumb and is lost sales and is not being fair to our share holders.

Once I leave for the day I am gone and will not be making the purchase at the store. If its music I will go home and listen to it on itunes first and if I like it buy it from them. If its a new release video game I will go to the 24 hour walmart. The 6 dollar employee discount is not worth an hour or 2 of my time waiting for 8am.

Anyway is their an official stance on this? I know video game systems you have to be in line and when new ipads come out and crazy crazy limited sales items you have to be in line but what about the items that will not sell out?

Is there an official stance on the new release purchase policy? I know things are hard locked until release date but after midnight on the date of release can they be purchased?

Target would not get any fines unless the product says can not be purchased until a certain time on that date.

New release music is on itunes at midnight.

Gamestop, Walmart and others do midnight releases of big video games so there are options to purchase the item before Target opens at 8pm.

In my personal opinion to not allow employees to purchase an item that WILL NOT and I repeat NOT SELL OUT when their overnight shift is over is dumb and is lost sales and is not being fair to our share holders.

Once I leave for the day I am gone and will not be making the purchase at the store. If its music I will go home and listen to it on itunes first and if I like it buy it from them. If its a new release video game I will go to the 24 hour walmart. The 6 dollar employee discount is not worth an hour or 2 of my time waiting for 8am.

Anyway is their an official stance on this? I know video game systems you have to be in line and when new ipads come out and crazy crazy limited sales items you have to be in line but what about the items that will not sell out?

Our release date policy states it can be purchased at store open on xx/xx/xx. It also clearly states that TM's cannot use their employee status to their advantage and guests must also have the same opportunity to make the purchase. Purchasing at midnight will violate both aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back