Archived New reshop policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the packet on the instocks improvements, I think it will help us actually complete the list - if they stop pulling us for other areas. I was so mad a few weeks ago when instocks was red on the guest survey. They basically called us out at huddle, but failed to mention that we had been pulled to pricing, flow, and cashier for that week everyday but one! Anyway, I'm getting off topic :p

Don't ever let that go. I have been I the same situation, "We were pulled off to help other teams, will we be getting help to get our score back up?" And let that hang there. Shuts them up, cause no help ever comes, and they know it. Worse they know you know it.

We've tried something like that in the past, it is a good idea but it doesn't really work. Maybe because of callouts and other work loads, the mostly empty carts get so stacked up that there is no place to put additional ones. Why have 20 semi-filled carts when 5 would suffice.
Then on busy days, we always run out of carts. The CAs are constantly combing for carts and they get taken as soon as they make it inside. If we sent out partly filled carts, we would not have any left to use. We wouldn' have any place to put the reshop and returns.

Last edited:
We've tried something like that in the past, it is a good idea but it doesn't really work. Maybe because of callouts and other work loads, the mostly empty carts get so stacked up that there is no place to put additional ones. Why have 20 semi-filled carts when 5 would suffice.
Then on busy days, we always run out of carts. The CAs are constantly combing for carts and they get taken as soon as they make it inside. If we sent out partly filled carts, we would not have any left to use. We wouldn' have any place to put the reshop and returns.
Good point.

They should put reshop in the hand baskets instead.

Lolol... The other day I was at work (FR) and almost 3 hours into the store being open, they're calling for backup constantly and announcing reshop just as much... But there were no team members on the floor. I'm not exaggerating. So this won't work. Sidenote: do tl hours come from the same bank? I've noticed times where a tl scheduled in a dept means there's no tm there. Or the tl is the only one in the dept for many hours... But tls are doing their projects and endcaps and such. Not reshop. But anyway, the topic...

Clearly the idea man doesn't have a clue what it's actually like to work in a store. The idea people should just have a few team members come in whenever they're tossing ideas around. I imagine if they'd done that, the team members would've erupted in laughter the moment this idea exited their lips. Then the TMs would be like "what? You were serious?"

I was only person in Softlines and fr/ operTor. My fitbit says i walked over 9 miles. At least i know i will fall asleep tonight, and that is a welcome treat.

We've been doing this for a few months now, we just have a 3-tier behind guest services and when it fills up, we call the Hardlines team member. No more carts for us behind guest services.

Maximum of 10 items seems excessive. Otherwise limiting reshop to 1 cart per area isn't a terrible idea. It may be difficult to execute on some really bad days though.

At my 2nd store we were usually proactive with reshop, we'd chip away on it throughout the day so it was never out of control at closing. This policy doesn't seem a whole lot different -- except for the absurb 10 items max rule lol... Apparently they never worked service desk during Q4 and after Christmas ;)

Maximum of 10 items seems excessive. Otherwise limiting reshop to 1 cart per area isn't a terrible idea. It may be difficult to execute on some really bad days though.

At my 2nd store we were usually proactive with reshop, we'd chip away on it throughout the day so it was never out of control at closing. This policy doesn't seem a whole lot different -- except for the absurb 10 items max rule lol... Apparently they never worked service desk during Q4 and after Christmas ;)
It's not one cart per area. It's one cart per all of hardliners, period (minus toys/electronics) that deal with their own stuff.

It's not one cart per area. It's one cart per all of hardliners, period (minus toys/electronics) that deal with their own stuff.
Oh lord lol.

I'm guessing it'll be one of those things that stores will try, maybe succeed, but for the most part it was just a reminder for stores not to neglect reshop during the day.

It just means carts will be stashed in random spots around the store. No store is going to execute this in the way corporate envisions. If they do, they are either overspending payroll or cutting something else drastically.

This also explains why shopping carts kept appearing in the backroom last weekend.

It just means carts will be stashed in random spots around the store. No store is going to execute this in the way corporate envisions. If they do, they are either overspending payroll or cutting something else drastically.

This also explains why shopping carts kept appearing in the backroom last weekend.

When I was an Electronics TM, if a Hardlines TL found a random cart laying about, they got to the bottom of whose cart it was and why it was there pretty quick. I think it depends on if a store holds their TM's accountable.

Yes but your store wasn't pulling gay shit like "grab reshop as soon as there's 10 pieces for all of hardlines". At some stores, that means your TMs could easily spend their entire shift playing fetch with guest service. Hell, any time there's a stupid HBA promotion involving gift cards, you will see 10 pieces of just that every 15 minutes.

They should really reconsider this. How often is a piece of reshop a true "out" on the floor? With the exception of bulky items that have low capacities, my experience tells me less than 1% of it. In which case, they are expecting to have the sales floor to spend at least double the amount of time working on reshop (including the extra trips to guest service) and it's barely going to drive sales. It's the very antithesis of profitability.

I doubt it will actually stay in its current implementation, it was probably designed to get stores thinking more proactively about their reshop.

This WOULD be a great way to boost instocks, as perceived by the guests, in departments like toys around the Holidays.

I haven't been back there recently, but I'm pretty sure that's the story behind how the Electronic stockroom at our store became inaccessible. Too much backstock, side projects, abandoned pulls and reshop shoved inside to look clean. They called in three TMs (me included) to clean it up about a month ago, but when I was in there last it was starting up again.

Still haven't heard anything about this at all lol..
Likewise, I'm pretty sure my ETLs didn't drink the koolaid from that pitcher. Even they realize that's a dumb move.

They should really reconsider this. How often is a piece of reshop a true "out" on the floor?
From working SFS for the past year, I can say the answer is almost never. The only time I found items needed for orders in the reshop has been during Q4 and it was usually Toys that were already being worked back out to the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back