Archived New reshop policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, apparently this came from the national meeting...

The new policy is no more hoarding reshop at guest services. It needs to go out in a very timely manner. We are to put no more than 10 items in a cart at a time, and no more than one cart of reshop (of 10 items) should ever be waiting to be put away. They want stuff on the shelves...not sitting around behind guest services or in carts.

After we got done laughing at the absurdity of this, we have decided with some things like HBA and stationery, we can put in one layer on the bottom of the cart...no stacking of the items. It was the only compromise we could come up with. And supposedly guest services will be walked first thing by walks and then they will check to see how much reshop the store is hiding.

I don't see this lasting, but we'll see...

Any other store following this?

o_O

Never heard of it. How are we going to get the Magical Payroll that is needed to accomplish this task?

ETA: Nevermind. I can picture it in my head:

LOD: "POG team, Pricing Team, Instocks Team - please head on up and grab some reshop, as soon as your Autofill is complete, and then we'll have a smart huddle and zone all of RTW."

ETA: "Back up cashiers to the lanes, please. Back up to the lanes, please."

Last edited:
Why don't they just take it one step further and have the GSTM immediately put back each item as it's returned? Just call the GSTL up to watch the desk for a minute.

Last edited:
Why don't they just take it one step further and have the GSTM immediately put back each item as it's returned? Just call the GSTL up to watch the desk for a minute.
During the Holiday season, that would be that every 10 mins or so the GSTM would be leaving the Service Desk. I don't think that a logical option. For larger/high priced items/or popular items, this would make sense thou.

During the Holiday season, that would be that every 10 mins or so the GSTM would be leaving the Service Desk. I don't think that a logical option. For larger/high priced items/or popular items, this would make sense thou.
Sorry, I didn't think I would need the sarcasm font on that one. Fixed it now!

o_O

Never heard of it. How are we going to get the Magical Payroll that is needed to accomplish this task?

ETA: Nevermind. I can picture it in my head:

LOD: "POG team, Pricing Team, Instocks Team - please head on up and grab some reshop, as soon as your Autofill is complete, and then we'll have a smart huddle and zone all of RTW."

ETA: "Back up cashiers to the lanes, please. Back up to the lanes, please."
That's sort of what our store already does. There's a sheet each day that lists which TM(s)/workcenter goes up to guest services for a cart of reshop each hour. In addition to huddles (if they happen). And autos (for instocks). Then again "cart of reshop" can either mean just one cart or several carts all sorted and each TM in that workcenter takes one. It depends on who's LOD because we've got one who is a little anal about this process and likes to sort everything and assign you a specific cart to work on.

That's hardly going to be efficient when sales and reshop pick up. Why doesn't the GSTL help out with putting items back and a cashier can step off their register to cover GSA/GSTL? If it gets busy at the lanes then that's what backup cashiers from the salesfloor are for!

Our flow team is already on the dedicated stocker/wave stocking. On truck days we have no SF team members so the Flow team is responsible for doing abandons with the truck in their dedicated areas. The LOD/ Flow TL is supposed to partner with the GSTL for when we need to pick up and we take it out to the flow TM to push. The softlines flow team uses brand TM's on truck days when there isn't a SL workload so they are also pushing abandons from the Fitting Room with the truck push. I'm not saying that this is a perfect process and by no means do they always get them all done but we are trying to make it work. Most of the time when the closing SF TM comes in at 4:30 they clean out abandons and then get into the zone no later then 6/6:30pm. Our electronics TM typically takes care of abandons for all of E/F. On non truck days we have a SF TM so they take care of abandons. If the closing team doesn't finish the abandons at night then we split up the 4x4's for the day into 2 teams - 1 team pushes abandons and 1 team 4x4's. Depending how much there is left over is how we decide how many people go where. We use this process for a lot of things during the 4x4 time. One day I wanted to condense BTS so we could set Halloween so I took a small team to do that while the rest of the team 4x4'ed. Some non truck days if there are a lot of autofills we will also split and half push and half do 4x4's. Granted we don't always do every aisle in the 4x4 section but the instocks TM tries to get in the aisles we don't get to. I appreciate the fact that we split like this so we don't lose a whole lot of time doing things that aren't our workload.

This had better not be real. Do they really expect us to be able to push and get new carts for every 10 items we sort when we have 2-3 carts full of unsorted reshop? I can kinda see this working for carts that have large items (Home Living, Seasonal, Toys) but what about HBA? 10 things of toothpaste? Fuck that.

They removed all the shelving behind the service desk, along with the 4 reshop carts that were there.

Welcome to the future!

I mean, maybe you ate some bad shrooms or something because only someone tripping massive balls would think that such a thing would be possible.
So thus it makes complete sense that it came from last week's meeting.

These people don't realize we have guests return 10 items at a time. These people don't realize we get slammed with carts upon carts of reshop throughout the day. These people don't realize that the salesfloor has things to do besides run up for a new cart of reshop every 10 minutes (you know, they have to back up, too).

I get it. We had 4 massive carts of stationery they let build up at the lanes. The only reason they got done is because we had an ETL who had to do an overnight last night and had nothing else to do. So that isn't okay. But it happens when there isn't enough time to get everything done...so reshop gets shoved back. And the stuff can't sell sitting in carts.

But there has to be some sort of balance between four carts of stationery and 10 notebooks in a cart.

wait until there's a line 12 deep at guest service, and all three - four cash registers are going. After Christmas returns, anyone?

hee hee.

It's like the people who make up these "rules" don't actually shop in our stores. Much less work for Target.

wait until there's a line 12 deep at guest service, and all three - four cash registers are going. After Christmas returns, anyone?

I hadn't even thought of that. This wouldn't even work currently, and we havent even really hit Q4 yet. It would literally be impossible during December and January.

I hadn't even thought of that. This wouldn't even work currently, and we havent even really hit Q4 yet. It would literally be impossible during December and January.

Ding Ding! We have a winner, folks!

Hmm... Maybe Corp fired all the seasoned employees, and this is a policy that the New Employees decided upon.

ETA: Don't forget about the sharp cut in hours immediately following Q4.

Damn, no wonder why my GS looks so sexy today. I've never seen the go-backs look so good. And my LOD has regularly been asking me how they look. No one told me about this policy though. Pretty good, I hope ot lasts. But they better actually schedule people to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back