Archived New SFTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

New to Target (salesfloor)

If I'm pushing CAFs/doing reshop should I use Item Search or RF Apps? Everybody I work with uses Item Search and nobody ever mentions RF Apps (at least on the sales floor). Would it work better for me? I mainly just need locations (so far). I'm very tech savvy so I want to know every inch of the PDA and how to use it effectively.

pros and cons of each?

I have no idea what I'm doing bahaha

Item search gives you more information than you can possibly find in RF Apps at the expense of speed. I can't stand it because of how slow it is, so I do use RF Apps. But item search is so much better for helping guests because it tells you Location, price and whether or not it's in the backroom all on one screen. To do that you would need:

NOP - will give item locations (if all you are doing is pushing cafs/reshop this is the one you would use the most and it's light years faster than item search)
UPCS - for price
LOC [enter] B - to get backroom locs.

But item search allows you to see inventory in other stores, when an item was last received, and do searches for the product name. So for helping guests, item search is far superior.

Sounds good. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I will probably use RF Apps when doing cafs/reshop and then use item search when helping guests.

When I push CAFs or reshop, I prefer to use Item Search over RF Apps even though it's slower. Not only is Item Search handy for helping guests, it also tells the capacity of each sales floor location (which I haven't figured out how to find such info in RF Apps yet). Knowing the capacity of a location is especially helpful when pushing CAFs because you know how much of the casepack (if not all of it) can be used to fill the location rather than being backstocked.

Oh I didn't realize it says the capacity. I didn't see that.

Oh I didn't realize it says the capacity. I didn't see that.

If you press the book icon in the upper right-hand corner, it gives you six options: Help Guest, Backroom, Sales Floor, Ad Promo, POG(?), and Instocks. By default, you are in Help Guest mode (which shows the On-Hand, sales floor home location, and backroom location), so pick Sales Floor.

Oh wow, that's awesome!

PDAs provide so much more information than most TMs even know exists. As much as some TMs/TLs/ETLs insist that sales floor TMs don't need to carry PDAs (because God forbid any store should have enough of them), if you're pushing CAFs, you should always try to get your hands on one. Your Instocks team will thank you for pushing only to capacity and not overstocking, plus PDAs are the only way you would know about 2nd locations.

i prefer RF apps, faster, gives you second locations, and since im a backroom TM, i can easily toggle between backroom functions and NOP under RF apps. but item search is more efficient for helping guests, esspecially if they ask you if they have products in other stores

what should I do if guest asked me the item and I don't know where it is? Like a guest asks where the matches located? can i use item search for this and how?

what should I do if guest asked me the item and I don't know where it is? Like a guest asks where the matches located? can i use item search for this and how?

It's usually faster to just use your walkie. "Could a team member tell me where [XYZ] is located?" However, if you're working on the floor, you should try to get to know where stuff is, so walk with the guest to the item (Vibe it up!) so you can see for yourself.

In my store they are with the paper plates at the end of the toilet paper/ paper towel aisle in Market. Or you can just type in matches in item search on the pda and it should come up with locations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back