New Store Opening Date--Can I Tell?

My best friend lives in proximity of the new store being built in one of our suburbs. It's much closer to her home than other Targets in the area, and she is a big fan of Spot. She has been asking about its opening day a lot.

Because my store is training many of the new store's team members, I happen to know the opening day from them.

Can I tell my friend? Or do I have to wait for an official announcement? All the newspapers/business journals around here are still stuck with the month only. (It opens just in time for 4th Quarter, and it's being built in a village-type mall that is being reimagined. My former ETL went there for the same position.)

You can tell your friend, were you ever told not to tell anyone? If they are a real friend and you tell them not to tell anyone then you definitely shouldn't have anything to worry about.

The store will do a soft opening then do a grand opening about a week later.

You can tell your friend, were you ever told not to tell anyone? If they are a real friend and you tell them not to tell anyone then you definitely shouldn't have anything to worry about.

The store will do a soft opening then do a grand opening about a week later.
Yep, and then the friend tells one person she trusts. Then that one tells someone they trust, and so on.

There's a reason for the saying that two can keep a secret only if one is dead.

Back