Archived New store tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any advice on just surviving new store openings? I feel like everyday there are things that don't get done-- not enough people/time, lots of guests, all new TMs still learning... we are doing crazy hours and I feel like I am struggling!

:wacko:

Smile. The newness will go away soon.

HM is right on. It takes awhile for the kinks to get worked out. Just be grateful that you have a March opening and not an October opening. You have another 8 months for everyone to build great routines and then get into the crazy 4th quarter.

I have been through a remodel and a new store opening. Both are a ton of work, but can also be very rewarding when you start seeing progress...but mostly they are a lot of work. Good luck!

The store I am at opened last fall, right on time for the 4th quarter. Right away it was crazy busy and everyone was working at least 30 hours a week if not full time. Team members still learning will probably be the only hurdle. Other than that the store runs itself IMO.

The store I am at opened last fall, right on time for the 4th quarter. Right away it was crazy busy and everyone was working at least 30 hours a week if not full time. Team members still learning will probably be the only hurdle. Other than that the store runs itself IMO.

That's how my store opened in the late 90s. One of my neighbors worked there back then and told me all about it.

I've opened 4 of my own new stores.

This is the golden times. No one, including your guests, expect you to be perfect. Just do your best. Believe it or not, you will look back and think of how much fun it was.

Vanilla Beaner, how have the last couple of weeks been? Starting to get any routines down?

Grand opening tomorrow (Canadian store).. Have been in the soft open phase. Think routines are starting to come but it's still a lot of confusion in all areas of the store I think.

Personally, I don't really like it. I miss my kids, my yoga class, my clean house... Instead I'm tired, working over 40 hours/over time, my 3 year old begs me not to go to work every day. I'm not new to full time work either, it's just pretty different, even though I had an on-your-feet, customer focused, busy job before too.

Once your routines are down, it'll be a lot easier and less confusing. Eventually, you'll all be settled in and you won't have to (read: won't be allowed to) work OT.

you see how nicely zoned all the aisles are? how everything is in its place and everything is perfect? you will never see it like that again for the rest of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back