Archived New Team Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had posted a few months ago regarding my interview and I am now going through the process of moving into an electronics team lead position.

Any tips on ways to motivate the team for AAR? I have personally trained 9 out of the 12 team members, but the other 3 have been here quite a while longer than me so they'll be a bit more apprehensive towards my leadership.

Also, how do your stores manage the CD browsers?

Thank you for the input!

1. Do not breath down their necks if they miss goal one day. If become a consistent problem then speak. Like missing goal every other day, or 2+ days in a row then talk to team member. But if they have like 1 bad day a week then should be fine.
2. Don't force the older team members to change procedures immediately. They are going to do certain ways and it may not be the way YOU want it done but then been doing it the way they doing for a while. Ease them into changes. If you want something different done as top priority, simple ask them " Could you do ... this first today". They will probably say yes, and asking them makes it more of a habit and will change habits without the whining.
3. Stay far away from CD browsers.

Motivation for AAR. Don't try to overthink things. If you do a reward like thing, you don't have to go big or anything. if i was Electronic team lead. I prob would prob do something along the lines of Lowest AAR has to buy lunch for highest AAR that week. Of course you can not force them to buy the lunch but guarantee that they will joking around with each other saying things like " Whos gunna buy my lunch this week?". Which will keep Morale high about AAR.

Search our threads for most answers. On aar, it depends on tm asking & the guest. On some nights, certain tm's or mobile tm hit the goals. My biggest suggestion is, teach your tm's well to sell everything in sight of the guest. Ask questions, like you do need this, etc. no guests equals to no sales for you, if you don't try. It happens mostly in the evenings, at my store. My mgt disagrees, except for 2 or 3 of etl's who listen to their tl's & tm's for feedback on sales & aar. Then, the etl might to get a attachment or two & strike out, as well.

Somebody posted about maintaining the browsers recently, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

something that has helped our store out a ton with AAR was the TL coming to me (i'm a gstl) and asking how she could train her team members to get more redcards and then asked if i would help her with service plans. She came to a couple of cashier huddles and really trained the front end team on how they worked and now we get an average of 5 a day. They haven't really helped with redcards lol but since doing this our AAR has gone way up. Does your frontend support them? If not try that because we should all be working together as a team!

make sure you thank them also when they met goal. our store lists all the tm's who get green on the AARs and thanks them personally. I dont really know how they did it but everyone is super excited to get aar's lol our cashiers get a ton of service plans too they have them at every register

There are still electronics team leads? Pretty soon my store is going to have 1 TL for ALL of hardlines, including pfresh and electronics :(

Yeah there are still Elec TLs even in Lower Org Chart stores (not sure about ULV)

There are still electronics team leads? Pretty soon my store is going to have 1 TL for ALL of hardlines, including pfresh and electronics :(
True story! :(

Any tips on ways to motivate the team for AAR? I have personally trained 9 out of the 12 team members, but the other 3 have been here quite a while longer than me so they'll be a bit more apprehensive towards my leadership.

Also, how do your stores manage the CD browsers?

Motivate for AAR: I have struggled with this for the entire time I have been a Team Lead. I would try to generate some contests (with ETL/STL approval). The myperformance reports are helpful for individual TM numbers and daily results, and can really show you how much product goes through the checklanes and ends up being a missed opportunity for AAR. As others mentioned, partner with the GSTL(s)/GSAs and talk about selling S/RPs.

CD browser: Just walk away, give up. Pretend it's not there. (Oh wait, that's just me). I used to worry about it but my entertainment TM doesn't have the hours to fix it again.
When it did look good, I had my entertainment TM partner with the electronics TMs to help generate the artist cards, print, tear, and sleeve them and then my TM just had to put them up and zone the browser once a week or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back