Archived New team leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after almost two months and six interviews, I got offered a "logistics" team lead position. I had originally applied for an etl spot but 5 interviews in, I was told that the district is starting to stop hiring new etl's because they have found that there are way more etls who are unsuccessful who didnt start as a team lead. I was also told that they were going back and forth and back and forth about what to do with me, hence the long process.

It wasnt originally what I wanted but was told they want to get me to an etl as fast as possible (carrot dangling?). I was told it would be a Sr team lead in the last interviews, but when I got the phone call, they only mentioned team leader. Pay is over 20/hr, so is this a Sr position? I have orientation tmrw, then off to a training store. I thought starting at a training store was for etl's and up?? Still kind of confused on the process.

Anyways, thats my story. Any tips on being a good leader at spot?

So after almost two months and six interviews, I got offered a "logistics" team lead position. I had originally applied for an etl spot but 5 interviews in, I was told that the district is starting to stop hiring new etl's because they have found that there are way more etls who are unsuccessful who didnt start as a team lead. I was also told that they were going back and forth and back and forth about what to do with me, hence the long process.

It wasnt originally what I wanted but was told they want to get me to an etl as fast as possible (carrot dangling?). I was told it would be a Sr team lead in the last interviews, but when I got the phone call, they only mentioned team leader. Pay is over 20/hr, so is this a Sr position? I have orientation tmrw, then off to a training store. I thought starting at a training store was for etl's and up?? Still kind of confused on the process.

Anyways, thats my story. Any tips on being a good leader at spot?
If you are over 20 a hr you are a Sr. TL. Training at a different store is standard process for all new Team Leads. You get trained by the logistics team lead at the different store. You are WAY over base for Sr. TL. You're very very very lucky. Many Sr. TL'S logistics barely make 15 a hr...I would keep that a secret at your store. Also is that your real name? I would change it...

Yeah you must be a SR TL. I just got a TL positions and was offered 14 ish.

Any tips on being a good leader at spot?
Just.....pay attention during your training.....please. There's going to be a lot to learn for a logistics position. You could be either a flow or backroom team lead. Which one are you? Do you have any previous experience?

Logistics team lead could also be Backroom + Instocks. That's the official role of a "Logistics" TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back