Archived New team member under the 90 day wait....free flu shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if new team members that are under their 90 "official employee" wait period still receive free flu shots?

In my opinion...I never get the flu shot I mean it's basically the flu being injected into you to create antibodies and such I did once and ironically came down with the flu lol

Not taking a chance again with work now lol

Good luck and enjoy the shot :D

In my break room where there is a sign up sheet for the flu thing on the general whiteboard (I don't know if you have one)

Last edited:
In my opinion...I never get the flu shot I mean it's basically the flu being injected into you to create antibodies and such I did once and ironically came down with the flu lol

Not taking a chance again with work now lol
hI
Good luck and enjoy the shot :Di

In my break room where there is a sign up sheet for the flu thing on the general whiteboard (I don't know if you have one)

You're injected with an inactivated form of the virus. Just like you didn't get tetanus when you got your tetanus shot, measles when you got your mmr shot, or hepatitis when you got your round of hepatitis vaccines.

The easiest way to describe it: getting the flu from the flu shot is like getting bit by a dead dog.

However, the vaccine only protects against the most common strains of the flu, so there's still a chance you could get a less common strain. However, you're not going to get the flu as a consequence of the shot.

Yes...you are injected with a inactive form of the flu virus. And its only a certain number of flu strains. Its not overall protection of against all strains of the flu.

Some theories say that if you are a flu carrier but not fully blown infected, and get the shot, you will get the full flu.

Yes...you are injected with a inactive form of the flu virus. And its only a certain number of flu strains. Its not overall protection of against all strains of the flu.

Some theories say that if you are a flu carrier but not fully blown infected, and get the shot, you will get the full flu.

I hadn't heard the theory about carriers getting the flu from shots but in an odd way I'm OK with that.
There is something useful about a disease vector being 'outed' so they cant continue to infect folks.
It's kind of a harsh way to go about it but as long as it's not someone who is in a high risk group I don't feel bad.

Its just an old wives tale really. But the rumor is that if you are a flu carrier at the time of the shot, it allows the flu virus to fully infect the person.

Then some doctors don't like giving the flu shot if you currently have another ailment.

Last edited:
I do understand not getting the shot if you're sick with something else.
That only makes sense.
No reason to make you immune system deal with too many hits at once.

You're injected with an inactivated form of the virus. Just like you didn't get tetanus when you got your tetanus shot, measles when you got your mmr shot, or hepatitis when you got your round of hepatitis vaccines.

The easiest way to describe it: getting the flu from the flu shot is like getting bit by a dead dog.

However, the vaccine only protects against the most common strains of the flu, so there's still a chance you could get a less common strain. However, you're not going to get the flu as a consequence of the shot.

I was in the military for a few years where getting the flu shot was mandatory. Every single year, I came down with the flu within 2 weeks of getting the shot. I never got the flu before joining and after leaving, have not had it since. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal and all but I will never ever voluntarily get that shot again.

I like the visual that pharmtechno gave......getting the flu from a shot is like getting bit by a dead dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back