Archived New team member with questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodil

Tech Savvy ~ Former Collegiate esports player
Hi! I got hired as a Seasonal Team Member 🙂 | Work Area GM

I've already done the orientation and watched a couple of training videos.

This will be my first official job so im nervous and excited and would like to ask a few questions of what will my first day be like? I will appreciate the help.
I'm sorry in advance if any of my questions seem a little too much.

1. Do I report to someone when I come in? My trainer or Team Leader?

2. I don't understand 100% how my breaks work but If I took a guess my first break would be between11 am if my hours were 8 am - 4:30 pm?
And according to the number of hours I work the more breaks I get?

3. Also, since it's my first week and pay is bi-weekly and it would be this week Friday will I to be getting paid or will I have to wait until the next two weeks.

4. Last question, how does clocking in and clocking out works for both starting, ending, and breaks? Can it be done via my phone?

Thanks!

Welcome! Clocking in/out is done at the store & not on your phone. You were given a training schedule with a trainer. Ask for tl or lod when you come in. Pay checks are every 2 weeks. They will tell you about breaks.

Welcome to TBR!

Your HR person or TL should tell you when you should take your lunch. The rules on how long you can work vary by state, so ask. It is a big deal if you go longer than you are allowed, so make sure you clock out before you go into violation.

In my state you have to go to lunch before your 6th hour. A lot of new people get in trouble because you can clock in 5 minutes early of your scheduled time; they will clock in 7:55A for an 8:00A shift. They get caught up in work and miss their scheduled break. They run to clock out and clock out at 1:56P. They think they made it because they were out before their 6th hour, but they didn't. Your time begins from when you clock in, not from when you were scheduled.

Your break times should be listed and Leaders will get alerts on their my devices when a TM is get close to having to clock out. But, don't depend on it. Know your scheduled break time and follow it or keep in mind when you clocked in then clock out at an appropriate time. At my store they want you to take your break before your 5th hour.

Good luck and I hope you have a good experience working for Spot!

1. Do I report to someone when I come in? My trainer or Team Leader?

2. I don't understand 100% how my breaks work but If I took a guess my first break would be between11 am if my hours were 8 am - 4:30 pm?
And according to the number of hours I work the more breaks I get?

3. Also, since it's my first week and pay is bi-weekly and it would be this week Friday will I to be getting paid or will I have to wait until the next two weeks.

4. Last question, how does clocking in and clocking out works for both starting, ending, and breaks? Can it be done via my phone?

Thanks!
Welcome to the Team! Do not ever feel bad for being new at something and asking questions. We love questions! Plus orientations are crazy and literally everything is thrown at you in just a few hours.

1. Depends on your store culture. Did you hear other TMs calling out they were clocked in or asking where they could meet their TLs for their assignments? Just a simple “This is Prodil and I’m in for the day.” at least let’s your TL know you’re clocked in. Remember good walkie etiquette is a distance from your face, regular speaking volume, and wait a second before speaking.

2. For an 8-4:30 I would aim for first break 10-10:30, lunch starting between 12-12:30, and last break 2:30-3. Only clock out for your meal! Don’t forget to clock back in 😉 Take breaks and meals when you’re at a good stopping point with your work. Almost done pushing a tub at 10:30? A 10:45 break will be just fine. ASANTS but at my store we call out going to and coming back from breaks/meals so other TMs can help cover any calls for our areas while we’re offstage.

3. Paychecks for this Friday will be for all time logged between September 1-14, so if you worked at all or had orientation during that time you’ll receive a check. Otherwise you’ll have to wait until October 4.

4. Locate the timeclock
Hit start work/start meal/end work/end meal (whatever you’re actually doing)
Enter your TM numbers
Hit enter
Make sure the timeclock says SW/SM/EM/EW and has a timestamp to accurately log your hours! Literally no one at your store should be an asshole about helping you with this.

Also when using the timeclock look to see if it says *MP*, that will signal you have a Missing Punch that will need a Punch Correction submitted.

Anything else please do not hesitate to ask 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back