New Timeclocks!

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Per workbench, new timeclocks rollout to all stores this month, starting this week. Check workbench for your store’s date/time (will take a few hours). Will be upgraded by a third party to a fancy new tablet based timeclock.

it’s high time. The current timeclocks suck. And a tablet will allow for super easy software upgrades with new features in the future.

if your store gets it, post some pics (personal info blurred Ofc)!

only important notes are on day of upgrade, you may have to do punch correction if timeclock is being upgraded when you need to clock in/out, and if you clock out for meal on the old time clock, you may have to manually count 31 minutes since new time clock will not enforce compliance from old time clock.

How long have the current time clocks been around for?

If it aint broke don't fix it. I can already see many problems with these new tablets. Software problems on top of now new hardware problems for the tablet themselves. It's one thing if the time clock software needs an update, starts to bug out, or glitch, and it's another if the tablet itself runs into its own problems like the display going out, the touch screen stops working, ect. It'll be great if they are flawless but I can see lots of punch corrections being made. The time clocks at my job always worked for the last 9 years I been there.

I work at Starbucks and we use a iPad to clock in. Damn thing glitches out all the time. Preventing people from clocking in or out. Knowing how Target handles things and rolls technology out. I'm not looking forward to this. I also like the current ones, so when those times where "clock" yourself in early when needed.

Finally, the “6” button on our current one is being very janky. Sometimes you have to press it several times before it registers.

Has anyone gotten these yet? My store is later this month but rollout started earlier this past week.

I prefer swiping. Unfortunately i could no longer swipe my ID cuz the barcode doesn't work. They need to give us these IDs again.

My PML told me we're not getting ours until next year!
Every store is getting them in the next month I’m pretty sure
1 month was the expectation sent out, but come to find a lot of stores are pushing for relocating time clocks which will bog down install rates. It requires the installers or another 3rd company to perform the work and requote pricing to HQ. 1-3 months is a more realistic time period 🙂

I hope they relocate them to the front doors so when closers are stuck waiting on etp gor 45mins to lesve we can clock out. You keeping me agsinst my will then you gonna pay me spot!

Has anyone gotten these yet? My store is later this month but rollout started earlier this past week.
My store installs sometime this week so I’ll post with pics but I did see it when I came in via the mail. It’s the same thing as the new touch screen price scanners.
There was a extension on the side. I am not sure if it was a swipe function on it or the mounting part.

My store installs sometime this week so I’ll post with pics but I did see it when I came in via the mail. It’s the same thing as the new touch screen price scanners.
There was a extension on the side. I am not sure if it was a swipe function on it or the mounting part.
If it’s swipe I’m gonna try to reverse engineer it and make my own swipe card

Back