Archived New TM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm a new TM (2 weeks young) and this is also my first retail job :) I am kinda confused on "words" my fellow TM use on the floor...such as
1) zoning, reshop(or restock??), push/pull, backstock, flexing its like I kind of get what they each mean but I feel like I'm confusing most of them together to the point where I can't get a real distinction of what they truly mean "How does one zone the right way?"

2) The zebras, I can read regular shelves but then I get confused on letters based location like "P1" or anything with F lol...the ppl that trained me just shrugs n just hope I'll get it w/o giving a clear explanation annnnddd backwalls I rlly hate backwalls any tip to conquer this

3) setting up my eHR account, do I use the same log in as I would use for the register or do I go to the service desk ppl to help set it up for me?

4) lastly, what does the day of a Hardline Salesfloor ppl entails besides guest, zoning flexing etc ? (And why does everybody make closing/opening shift sound scary)

Sorry for all these questions guys, thank you!!!

Hey guys, I'm a new TM (2 weeks young) and this is also my first retail job :) I am kinda confused on "words" my fellow TM use on the floor...such as
1) zoning, reshop(or restock??), push/pull, backstock, flexing its like I kind of get what they each mean but I feel like I'm confusing most of them together to the point where I can't get a real distinction of what they truly mean "How does one zone the right way?"

Zoning-pulling the merchandise forward (cover the diamonds on the shelf) so the guest doesn't have to reach in the back to grab the product.

Restock/abandon/reshop- items returned or left behind from a guest that can't be put back in the area it was found. Ei-you wouldn't put away a t-hirt in shampoo.

Push/Pull- merchandise from backroom to be pushed on the floor so guests can buy it.

Backstock-working a pull and the items wont fit on the shelf. You return theses to the backroom to be backstock for a future pull.

Flexing- filling in merchandise in empty spots on the shelf that no longer are carried at target.

2) The zebras, I can read regular shelves but then I get confused on letters based location like "P1" or anything with F lol...the ppl that trained me just shrugs n just hope I'll get it w/o giving a clear explanation annnnddd backwalls I rlly hate backwalls any tip to conquer this

If it says p1-2-3

Peg hook 1; 2nd row and 3 spot over.

3) setting up my eHR account, do I use the same log in as I would use for the register or do I go to the service desk ppl to help set it up for me?

Ask your HRTM to help you log on

4) lastly, what does the day of a Hardline Salesfloor ppl entails besides guest, zoning flexing etc ? (And why does everybody make closing/opening shift sound scary)

That's hardlines in a nut shell. Zoning sucks depending on what you zone, how big your store is or how busy your store was

Sorry for all these questions guys, thank you!!!

Last edited:
Welcome! One piece of advice I can give you from an AP perspective to not get termed: if it isn't yours, don't take it. Always ask if you're not sure.

Opening/closing aren't bad at all...some people just don't like either/or. The only bad thing is if you ever have to CLOPEN which is a closing shift followed by an opening shift.

In my experience, the store is pretty quiet during an opening shift and a little more hectic during closing depending on time of year/area/etc.

Hey thanks guy I really appreciated it!! And @ redcardroy can you elaborate more on being "termed" and are you implying taking as in stealing or pushing someone else's cart?

Hey thanks guy I really appreciated it!! And @ redcardroy can you elaborate more on being "termed" and are you implying taking as in stealing or pushing someone else's cart?

Termed as in terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back