Archived New to Target! - HRTM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

I recently just got hired as a HRTM and I have my orientation this Saturday! I'm pretty excited and would love to hear from other HRTM's about the pros and cons of the position!

Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Welcome!! HRTM is one of the best positions in the store, in my opinion.
I've been doing it for over a year now and I love it.

You will have to deal with unreasonable expectations at times, whether it's from the execs and team leads expecting you to do six things at once, or team members thinking that you'll give them two weeks off just because they said "please."
But you get to work closely with the leadership team, onboard new team members, and call people for interviews. It's always fun on the other side of the interview table being the one to tell the applicant that they got the job.

If you ever have any questions, I'm on here just about every day, so feel free to PM me or post on the message board. There's tons of team members and leaders on here who are great at answering questions.

Congrats!

That's great to know! I start training today and I'm sure I will have a lot more questions, haha. I'm extremely excited to be doing the onboarding for new team members, especially since there are so many new seasonal workers getting hired.

I'm not in hr but I always smile when I walk by and hear them on the phone -
• excuse me, can you tell me again what you are looking for - do you know the name of the item? Can you describe it to me then, maybe I can figure out what you are looking for.
• Yes we are opened until 11. Yes every night except Sunday
• No I didn't hang up on you I put you on hold until someone in the department picks up.
• I'm sorry, I don't know if Walmart carries that item.
• Sir I can't understand you, it's a very bad connection.
• Yes we know the traffic light on the main road that links 4 shopping malls together doesn't work. We have notified the police and they are working on it.
• Yes we are opened even though it is raining..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back