Archived New to Target, new to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Call me Bailey. Just got hired as a Sales Floor TM in electronics in my local store. Just a seasonal position but hopefully there'll be an opening for me in January.

Really excited to be working there and to be a part of the community here! Just a few questions real quick.

1. What's orientation like? What do I need to bring?

2. For the dress code, what footwear is acceptable? Are red t-shirts okay?

3. Will I be trained on cash register or sales floor first?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Bailey, the name of my favorite Irish cream....

1. Bring yourself & 2 forms of ID (state lic/ID & SS card). You'll watch some lame videos, get a tour & a list of dos & don'ts.
2. Sports/tennis shoes are recommended as you'll be on your feet a LOT; no sandals/slides/flip-flops/etc. Red T-shirts are OK as long as they are plain & don't have any logos/lettering/etc.
3. You'll do cashier training before going to the floor as you'll eventually be expected to back-up cashier when called over the walkie.

Good luck.

Greetings and salutations.
Anti-union videos, pro-vibe videos
Shoes you want to stand in for six hours.
Red T-shirts OK, no logo's.
Probably do a walk around then get you register trained.

Bailey, the name of my favorite Irish cream....

1. Bring yourself & 2 forms of ID (state lic/ID & SS card). You'll watch some lame videos, get a tour & a list of dos & don'ts.
2. Sports/tennis shoes are recommended as you'll be on your feet a LOT; no sandals/slides/flip-flops/etc. Red T-shirts are OK as long as they are plain & don't have any logos/lettering/etc.
3. You'll do cashier training before going to the floor as you'll eventually be expected to back-up cashier when called over the walkie.

Good luck.

Will a passport work? I don't have my license yet. Can't afford the insurance on my parents' plan. Hence, I got this job :excited:

Hopefully this will be different than my last retail job, which was awful. I won't mention any names, but they ruined the company when they merged with a Target competitor a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back