New Training On Defects

I am I hearing this right that some stores no longer have clearance endcaps? For as long as I can remember there were always clearance endcaps at my old store. Sometimes you only saw them during the transition times. Also depending on who the DTL and/or GVP you would also have endcaps with NOP/d-code (we had a DTL or two that did not like the look of NOP endcaps, so were told keep the product backstocked and then send in a request for a markdown). There were also times when you have clearance/NOP/d-code endcap, as there was not enough product for both.
There's basically no store option endcaps anymore, so you either tie a real endcap and just put clearance there instead and zero out the capacities, or flex it in the new POG (lol).

There's basically no store option endcaps anymore, so you either tie a real endcap and just put clearance there instead and zero out the capacities, or flex it in the new POG (lol).
We would just not set the endcap until the clearance was gone. Would look for a POG we the product had a home and not set that encdap.

Clearance endcaps were supposed to go away, with clearance only in the item home location.

That's stupid, however, because clearance gets booted out of its home location before it all sells, so what are you going to do with it except put it on an endcap? I loved the days when anything that didn't have a location got defected, but that must have gotten too expensive, so now we mark stuff down (if allowed).

ITA that the trainings really need to include screen shots of the apps, when applicable. It's totally ridiculous that the trainings will tell you do something in an app but not actually show you how to do the thing. I give that feedback every training.

I am I hearing this right that some stores no longer have clearance endcaps? For as long as I can remember there were always clearance endcaps at my old store. Sometimes you only saw them during the transition times. Also depending on who the DTL and/or GVP you would also have endcaps with NOP/d-code (we had a DTL or two that did not like the look of NOP endcaps, so were told keep the product backstocked and then send in a request for a markdown). There were also times when you have clearance/NOP/d-code endcap, as there was not enough product for both.
We are NOT allowed to backstock D-code but I have found that if I store tie it on the salesfloor it usually comes on the clearance list soon after.

I definitely prefer home location clearance ! sadly, we still end up with unlocated sellable stuff.

Also found that the clearance endcaps that are zoned daily and ticketed weekly sell out - the unticketed/messy ones stay that way.

Last edited:
This was stage 2 of K-Marts first bankruptcy... make money off of everything. Can you guess what stage one was...

We have a clearance back endcap where HBA ends and paper begins - it's always at least half-full and I can't tell you how many guests I see shopping it every week. Also have a back endcap where I put d-code and NOP product. I keep them both organized and neat, which seems to help them sell down. Sometimes I'll attach a sidecap on one or both sides of the one that's always clearance.
That said, I've had three varieties of one kind of vitamin or immunity booster product that's been NOP for seems like forever - no one wants to buy it. Should try marking it down and see if that helps - honestly hadn't thought about that before. Duh.

We have a clearance back endcap where HBA ends and paper begins - it's always at least half-full and I can't tell you how many guests I see shopping it every week. Also have a back endcap where I put d-code and NOP product. I keep them both organized and neat, which seems to help them sell down. Sometimes I'll attach a sidecap on one or both sides of the one that's always clearance.
That said, I've had three varieties of one kind of vitamin or immunity booster product that's been NOP for seems like forever - no one wants to buy it. Should try marking it down and see if that helps - honestly hadn't thought about that before. Duh.
Just your luck it's something that won't go out of date for some time.

Own your department, runit like you're a D(edicated)B(usiness)O(wner)... hmmmm. If we weren't making so much money on SFS I'd be worried...

I don't know about every store, but at least at mine our sales are way. We're blowing past comp and forecast. Shit, just yesterday we were 60% over goal. Fulfillment is big, but in-store sales are driving most of our increases. Percentage of sales coming from fulfillment has actually gone down the last couple of months.

Naturally this means, things are faliing apart. We're already short-staffed and the kids are leaving for college. We're getting 4th quarter trucks with 2nd quarter staffing. But, hey, if they want to pay me overtime to zone toys, I'm not complaining.

Back