• no

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I never worked Backroom

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

So I was just told from Leadership at my store there's apparently a new way for people to be discovered if they have "Burned" a batch. Is this just at my store or have you all gotten upgrades to detect as well? Feedback please..

While doing the RIGS the past couple of weeks I have caught three BRTMs burning item pulls (not whole batches). The system may have been tweaked to catch pull/BR location discrepancies, or the amount of time between a pull time and a backstock time for an item. If so, Instocks asks, "What took so long to implement this?"

Yes, it's on the backroom location accuracy report if you drill down to team member detail. There's a column for "suspect items" now.

I'm Pretty sure if you drill in even more it tells you the time Between when it was pulled and the the time it was back stocked.

Last edited:
Yes, I've burned batches and don't regret a thing. That's because I only burn if...

1. I'm doing a dairy/meat/produce/frozen batch and there's no more free space on the rack and no more racks to use since the stuff hasn't been pushed for days. I can either burn or set boxes and eaches on the floor near the rack.

2. The batch is asking for product that either me or someone in that specific part of the sales floor knows that there's already enough of that item on the shelves. Namely happens with diapers and electronics things since our veterans there are on top of everything.

3. I'm doing a big electronics batch and it's asking for a 50+ inch television. There's no designated space for those on the sale floor and, more importantly, AP doesn't allow them to be pushed to the floor.

PAPR batch on autofills, mainly the PIPOs.

I am not pulling a whole fucking pallet and only 2 goes out.
I've been there trust me all responses are warranted as to why I posted this thread.. I just personally don't enjoy the thought of this ^^^ in particular as these Pipo pallets only to retrieve 1 Fucking Item and Leadership now saying we are going to be coached on if we are "caught" burning batches. So this concerns me and I'm sure others as well :(

Yes, I've burned batches and don't regret a thing. That's because I only burn if...

1. I'm doing a dairy/meat/produce/frozen batch and there's no more free space on the rack and no more racks to use since the stuff hasn't been pushed for days. I can either burn or set boxes and eaches on the floor near the rack.

2. The batch is asking for product that either me or someone in that specific part of the sales floor knows that there's already enough of that item on the shelves. Namely happens with diapers and electronics things since our veterans there are on top of everything.

3. I'm doing a big electronics batch and it's asking for a 50+ inch television. There's no designated space for those on the sale floor and, more importantly, AP doesn't allow them to be pushed to the floor.

1. Look for a smart cart and be careful what you stack on top. Or get a red tub and be careful how you stack. Be a leader and ask why the fuck your market isn't being pushed.

2. Pull the items, backstock them, and have someone update the floor capacity. Your veterans on top of things should know how to do this.

3. Put on a flat with a pull clip and leave in the backroom. No room for them on the floor? Have someone update capacity on the floor.

I've been there trust me all responses are warranted as to why I posted this thread.. I just personally don't enjoy the thought of this ^^^ in particular as these Pipo pallets only to retrieve 1 Fucking Item and Leadership now saying we are going to be coached on if we are "caught" burning batches. So this concerns me and I'm sure others as well :(

Paper batches on non-truck days always sucked. Wish there was an easier way to work all that PIPO

1. Look for a smart cart and be careful what you stack on top. Or get a red tub and be careful how you stack. Be a leader and ask why the fuck your market isn't being pushed.

2. Pull the items, backstock them, and have someone update the floor capacity. Your veterans on top of things should know how to do this.

3. Put on a flat with a pull clip and leave in the backroom. No room for them on the floor? Have someone update capacity on the floor.

1. That issue isn't as much of a problem nowadays since we found the root of the problem. Apparently the market team couldn't tell if something was supposed to be push or backstock or not since my team and I weren't using the clips properly. To be honest, I don't blame them that much, since we sometimes had a rack of backstock sitting next to a rack of pull. It still happens every once in a blue moon, but now we know to alert them.

2. Note taken on updating the SFQ. I'll bring that up if it ever happens again, but this problem is pretty rare. Only happened 4 times in the past year, to my recollection.

3. Oh, it's not that there's no room for them on the floor. The problem is that TVs of certain sizes, usually 50in. and above, aren't allowed on the sales floor. They're supposed to stay in the backroom for safety and only to be brought up if electronics calls for them. Learned this the hard way when I pulled a full flat of large TVs and AP talked to me about it. A pull that large hasn't happened to me again since that day, but I still burn a large TV here and there.

1. That issue isn't as much of a problem nowadays since we found the root of the problem. Apparently the market team couldn't tell if something was supposed to be push or backstock or not since my team and I weren't using the clips properly. To be honest, I don't blame them that much, since we sometimes had a rack of backstock sitting next to a rack of pull. It still happens every once in a blue moon, but now we know to alert them.

2. Note taken on updating the SFQ. I'll bring that up if it ever happens again, but this problem is pretty rare. Only happened 4 times in the past year, to my recollection.

3. Oh, it's not that there's no room for them on the floor. The problem is that TVs of certain sizes, usually 50in. and above, aren't allowed on the sales floor. They're supposed to stay in the backroom for safety and only to be brought up if electronics calls for them. Learned this the hard way when I pulled a full flat of large TVs and AP talked to me about it. A pull that large hasn't happened to me again since that day, but I still burn a large TV here and there.

1. Good call. Always use clips to communicate.

2. It's an easy fix and will take care of that issue. Sometimes you'll get one that'll keep dropping every time pulls come in and it's annoying.

3. Understood. Maybe check with someone to change the quantities on those as well, so that way they don't pull and someone (maybe a new TM) doesn't make the same mistake and bring them out to the floor.

1. Good call. Always use clips to communicate.

2. It's an easy fix and will take care of that issue. Sometimes you'll get one that'll keep dropping every time pulls come in and it's annoying.

3. Understood. Maybe check with someone to change the quantities on those as well, so that way they don't pull and someone (maybe a new TM) doesn't make the same mistake and bring them out to the floor.

SFQ is 0 on all TVs except the few <32" TVs on the floor. Problem solved. They don't get pulled in batches, and if it shows up a SFTM scans to notice 0 capacity and puts a back stock clip on it

For #2, you're assuming that the system is pulling it because the floor capacity is wrong, which may or may not be the case.

For #3, do display only tv's pull when one is sold? If that is the case, fixing the floor capacity won't fix that.

For #2, you're assuming that the system is pulling it because the floor capacity is wrong, which may or may not be the case.

For #3, do display only tv's pull when one is sold? If that is the case, fixing the floor capacity won't fix that.

2. Fair enough. In my experiences with cafs and auto fills, if the item keeps pulling and coming back as backstock, SFQ is fucked. I wouldn't know otherwise as I didn't often work on the floor.

3. That's unfortunate if so. I don't know. Good question to ask a team lead so that the backroom doesn't have to waste their time hauling down huge tv's, burning batches, or pulling then backstocking.

I've also been out of the store game for a while now, so I'm out of date on a lot of this stuff!

Only burn batches/items if I know for sure it won't fit (MP Seltzer for instance - always overpushed with 1-2 flavors, no space for any more, ever) or if it's something I researched and made a mistake such as not fixing capacity until after it was dropped into a batch. Excluding, of course, shippers: I never pull them unless it's to fill an endcap that that shipper actually goes on.

Yes, but only when it makes sense. Not because I am too lazy to pull heavy tubs of cat litter.

I actually call back and tell you guys/girls how many of those stupid cat litter tubs I need. And I usually short it. Calls for eight but four makes sense. Same with the cases of MP water. It may drop for the pallet but don't bother or just grab a few to fill it out, but don't kill yourself. And when I need the pallet of water I tell you "please drop it on a flat and a couple of us will push it out."

But the new "suspect batches" is going to catch a lot of BS like shippers and TV's it wants but never should pull anyways.

Yes and I've had TL'/ETL/STL all tell me to burn it ans they'll even say it over the walkie. Everyone has done it but the issue is to not abuse it.

The fug does burning batches mean???
Refers to pulling an item and immediately backstocking. There's actual reasons to do this, but most of the time it's because we're lazy.

Saw I have about 200 suspect items this year, no where near as bad as the 700-800 some of my coworkers have.

Refers to pulling an item and immediately backstocking. There's actual reasons to do this, but most of the time it's because we're lazy.

Saw I have about 200 suspect items this year, no where near as bad as the 700-800 some of my coworkers have.

I think "burning a batch" telling the system you are pulling it byt actually neither pulling it nor backstocking it.

There is a difference. But neither effects On Hands.

Is the number of items by DPCI or quantity? Most people who had them had under five (I had four, but it was for assortments that aren't set and things I know don't go out) but one person had over forty.

Should be by DPCI. There's a few market people popping up that are burning BEV batches because they don't want to fill water. Pull QTY is 30 but they only have 3-4 suspect items.

The point of this report is for your TL/ETL to review and find out WHY people are feeling the need to burn batches. On a wider scope, your BRTL should be concerned with WHY a basketball hoop is being consistently pulled and burned. OH messed up? Capacity incorrect? Floor is empty? TM Laziness? This is one of the many things your BRTL should be investigating because it will ultimately fill the floor and correct instocks issues, clear the backroom of excess merch, and drive sales from the back.

There are few legitimate reasons to actually burn. If you're just burning as you're going and playing expert on whether or not all of this product goes to the floor, you are ultimately a detriment to the backroom. Anyone can STO and PULL, your impact comes with how you own your workcenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back