Archived Newbie questions :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i'm Juan and I just got hired at Target! :D I have some questions about working here.. I got hired as a sales floor team member in hard lines. This is also my first job! I know that I will mostly be stocking shelves, but I heard we also cashier if the store needs help, so my question is will they tell me through a walkie talkie or do they just announce it over the intercom and whoever gets there first cashiers? Do you get paid extra for overtime? What does "zoning an area" mean? How do I pick up extra shifts? Your answers are greatly appreciated!

Greetings and salutations.
Welcome to The Break Room.

It is suggested to remove your name from your posting. Spot watches us. I hope your member is not real last name too.

Good catch HLM.
Didn't notice, too early in the morning I guess.
It is important to run anonymous on the board, Spot isn't always happy with us as their recent legal shut down and redirect proved.

1) They'll announce it over the walkie - something like Additional Cashiers needed and/or a GSTL will say it themselves.

2) No overtime here.

3) "Zoning"is basically a fancy word for cleaning, straightening up an area, etc. You'll learn all about that soon.

4) Your store probably has something like a Shift Swap board. Sometimes, people realize they can't be at their scheduled shifts, so instead of calling out, they put it up on the board. Ask HR about it.

And please, do not use your real name on here in any form. Corporate does watch us and I don't think you would wanna be fired over a post on a forum. But anyways, welcome to Target!

In your settings options there is a one time name change.

All the registers have a button that when press will say "additional cashiers to the front lanes who is responding"
all team members except the elections people have to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back