Archived Newly extended receiving hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unreturnable

Receiving/Reverse Logistics
(Asking as I'm a Receiving TM here) - I heard from an ETL a few days ago that corporate had globally updated Target receiving hours from 6-noon to 6-2pm, effective two weeks ago. I was told we probably won't honor that and we'll just leave the old 6-noon sign on our receiving door, so I shouldn't tell anyone about it. Starting today, I've begun to have vendors ask me about his as their different companies have sent them correspondence regarding the new Target hours; all I've said is I don't know anything about it.

I'm mostly trying to cover myself during this possible transition, since I get strictly 6-noon hours to do anything for Receiving/Reverse Logistics, and the rest of my day I'm basically on bitch duty for whatever my ETL wants. It would be nice to say, "Hey, dock's open for eight hours, I gotta be there." But whatever, I'm just curious if anyone else knows if their store is extending dock hours or how it will impact any other Receiving TMs?

I heard something about this, but thought it was going to be 8-2?? As far as I know they are not changing our receiving persons schedule but it will likely depend on how many vendors hear about this and start showing up earlier or later than usual. I'm sure if they get enough complaints from vendors having to wait at the door they'll make sure it covered. Nah, then again, leadership doesn't give a shit. Tough call, but I would just discourage them from coming in after noon.

The extended hours only apply to your DSD vendors (coke, Pepsi, Milk, Nabisco and Frito Lay). All other vendors follow the normal hours. Opening Dock times vary based on your store volume (6am or 8am).

From what I understand receiving will now be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. for all DSD vendors starting July 21st (6 a.m. to 2 p.m. for approved overnight stores).

DSD stands for 'Direct To Store'. That would be all vendors and package deliveries. Saturday deliveries are only ok'd for Nabisco, Frito, Coke and Pepsi (these are ADSD vendors. Keebler is an ADSD vendor so I don't understand why they weren't included for Saturday deliveries). SBT vendors are of course exempt from these times as their product is not scanned in or out (bread, milk and floral). They are allowed to come in through the front door with product up until store closing if they wish (or if they miss the receiving hours in the back).

The direction for the receiving times on the sign that is posted outside is to be taken down.

There is also to be 1 - 2 totally trained receiving/reverse logistics TM's and either 2 - 3 receiving backups from the back room (yea...riiiiight...).

I was told it will still be just me. Like to see how this is going to work out since no one else really cares about nor wants to learn my area. BR-TL states EVERY year for many years that they will learn my job roles. They use that excuse as an 'opportunity' on their review. They know about 10% and that being gratuitous. FLOW-TL knows a little bit less than that and my ETL-LOG thinks they know but really know very little.

When I stared Target Receiving hours were 8 - 12 p.m. Mon.-Fri. No week-end deliveries. SBT and ADSD deliveries didn't exist yet. All vendors were checked in piece by piece. Lawn and Garden were allowed to have deliveries up to 2 p.m. and package carriers/large freight deliveries up to 4 p.m.

So with extended receiving does this mean that the RL will be getting more hours?
When I left they had cut our guy back to less than 28 hours a week and just had the ETL LOG or whoever answer the door.

No extension in RL amount of hours, (although it may vary by store.) So of course, true to Target's ways, just dump more work on other people and likely without proper training so now one more area of the store can get all mucked up and they'll wonder why.

No extension in RL amount of hours, (although it may vary by store.) So of course, true to Target's ways, just dump more work on other people and likely without proper training so now one more area of the store can get all mucked up and they'll wonder why.

That actually doesn't surprise me one bit.
So, shall we start a pool on how long it will take Spot to notice how much money they are loosing, freak out, and come up with some kind of 'amazing' plan to fix things.
My virtual dollar is on eight months.

I was told I'm keeping my same hours, 4-6 as backroom and 6-noon as receiving. All ETLs and LODs will be trained for receiving to cover the two hours I leave, good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back