Archived Nintendo is probably going to hate us more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too my understanding Pokemon B/W 2 Games have been set at alot of Target stores. (Including mine) And people have been selling them. Dont we get violations from that? As soon as I read the message I quickly went onto the sales floor and wiped the whole case clean. Dont the boxes they come it say what date they are suppose to be set?

They have a street date. Any attempt to sell it early, will be stopped at the register most of the time.

They have a street date. Any attempt to sell it early, will be stopped at the register most of the time.

Thing is I'm seeing people post theyve bought their copy from Target. Im trying to find one with like receipt proof.

Got one
423D4DFC-CD88-4DDF-80FE-4C730467B4CD-12383-0000027D6685AFC4.jpg

I should call their store AP and clown them lol.

Pokémon White 2 (Nintendo DS) product details page /ProductDetailsTabView?parentId=204829140 Target electronics video games Nintendo 3DS games
Pokémon White 2 (Nintendo DS)
Publisher: Nintendo

Rating: Everyone

Rating: Not rated be the first to review .$34.99 Online Price
free shipping on new releases

quantity: .
pre-order now
Release Date
Sunday, October 7, 2012

carts, you are correct. release date is oct 7, per target.com.

Ooops! Not good. I remember when a store I worked at, sold a Disney movie before its street date. We had someone from district (within hours of the transaction) reviewing store tapes trying to figure out who bought/sold it. He said we could lose our license to sell Disney.

Hope that receipt isn't yours Cart.

Who sold it? If the register isn't stopping it, there's no way a cashier is going to know they can't sell it.

Well it was sold at an Electronics register (Reg. #113) so the TM obviously didn't know they weren't supposed to sell it yet. At my store I would go nuts with street dates because of revisions adding the games/movies/cds before release date. I feel it happens a whole bunch more than ever before. I made sure every TM knew when to sell games just in case.

Cinderella was locked for us as well, LOD mysupported it first thing in the morning, otherwise we were selling them via no barcode (LOD/Elec TL gave the ok).

OMG.... Yeah I got the memo, and those cases are empty. Our team knows that isn't to come out till Sunday. Heads need to roll!

Cinderella was a pain yesterday, we ended having to manually putting in 058-30-9999. Then for the dolls we had to do a Target Coupon for $7.50.

Yeah our registers are hard locked as well. Plus I'm smart enough to know and look to see if it is street dated. Only way they could sell it is if they 999 it. That's what we had to do with Cinderella. What a mess that was.

There was a message board that said not to sell it till the 7th.
Of course, not that many people seem to read the board.

This falls 100% on the Electronics TL since most electronics TMs are not allowed to get on workbench. (or 50%/50% on both the electronics TL and whoever used to be the electronics spec if the store is still letting the former spec do their old job w/o the title) Technically you could also say part of it falls on the ETL-HL, but this is really something the TL should own 100%.

When I was an electronics TL, I made sure to leave notes at the boat keeping the team informed.... That included print outs of street dates. If stores are violating street dates, the electronics TL is not doing his job communicating to the team. At the very least, important info like this from workbench should be communicated. Sadly, there are some TLs out there who think not sharing ANY info from workbench with TMs is the right thing to do.....

This falls 100% on the Electronics TL since most electronics TMs are not allowed to get on workbench. (or 50%/50% on both the electronics TL and whoever used to be the electronics spec if the store is still letting the former spec do their old job w/o the title) Technically you could also say part of it falls on the ETL-HL, but this is really something the TL should own 100%.

When I was an electronics TL, I made sure to leave notes at the boat keeping the team informed.... That included print outs of street dates. If stores are violating street dates, the electronics TL is not doing his job communicating to the team. At the very least, important info like this from workbench should be communicated. Sadly, there are some TLs out there who think not sharing ANY info from workbench with TMs is the right thing to do.....

It actually came down as an urgent message through workbench not to sell and to ensure none were on the floor (we covered our labels) so it had to be checked off by someone as completed. I blame the PTL, TL-Elec, Elec brand team member, ETL-HL etc

"Doing his job"

Hmm what about his/her...not all electronics TLs are males. Hardlines TLs are not exclusively males.

Wow.
That TM is going to be in so much trouble.
If they're a regular Electronics TM, than they should know that B&W2 isn't supposed to be sold until the 7th. I'm not saying we all look up the release dates for games, but we should have that knowledge, considering we had the reservation cards out for how many months?

Wow.
That TM is going to be in so much trouble.
If they're a regular Electronics TM, than they should know that B&W2 isn't supposed to be sold until the 7th. I'm not saying we all look up the release dates for games, but we should have that knowledge, considering we had the reservation cards out for how many months?
Can anyone give or PM me directions on how to access how many copies we need to hold based on reservation cards sold? I can't seem to find it on workbench.

Can anyone give or PM me directions on how to access how many copies we need to hold based on reservation cards sold? I can't seem to find it on workbench.

1. First go to Workbench
  2. Then click on the Salesfloor button
  3. Next click on the "Electronics" link and that page should have a little link to an *.xml or *.xps file that says how many each store has reserved for each game. It also recommends putting some aside in case some people who are out of town for the day and are from another Target and think that magic works that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back