Archived No Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not automatically GSTLs fault, though. I know I've heard my GSTL and ETL talking about the issues we've had in getting deliveries. And no, I'm not involved in that process at all.

Call all the other stores in your area to borrow some. I would say GSTL before mod and front end ETL are responsible for them being ordered.
We’re the only store in our area the next store is 45 miles away

This happened to us once. An ETL had to go to a different store to take bags from them. How the hell does a store run out of freaking BAGS?

My aunt is a GSTL at my store and she said the other GSTL way under-ordered even though she told him it wasn't enough. He didn't last long.

This happened to us once. An ETL had to go to a different store to take bags from them. How the hell does a store run out of freaking BAGS?

My aunt is a GSTL at my store and she said the other GSTL way under-ordered even though she told him it wasn't enough. He didn't last long.

Ugh my GSTL is ridiculous I’ve been there a year and a half he’s only been their 4-5 months. He thinks he’s better than everyone else.

He came in from a different store (bigger city) and my STL’s fell in love before realizing how bad he is. The team has no respect for him I wish my old GSTLSR was still in charge but he got moved to Backroom TL

We have shitty morale up front and he doesn’t train worry crap and passes it on too us cashiers and GSAs. Our front ends are struggling bad

We used our run and done bags because we didn't have a choice since like you guys, we ran out completely. Apparently orders were put through but bags never came. Using those run and done bags at the registers were no fun either.

My store uses Run and Done bags as a last resort. The shipment of bags usually come in but they can be inaccesible when it gets in receiving.

Sometimes our pallet of bags gets trapped in the steel and they can't get to it with the crown. I'll usually ask someone in the backroom if they can take the WAV up and just grab a few boxes so we can last until the rest of the pallet is accessible. It's also possible that your GSTLs or Backroom ETL are placing orders within a short timeframe. If 2 separate SAP orders are placed for the same item within a short timeframe, ex: opening GSTL orders a pallet and doesn't inform closing GSTL, and your closing GSTL orders another pallet of bags, your store will likely receive no bags.

My store uses Run and Done bags as a last resort. The shipment of bags usually come in but they can be inaccesible when it gets in receiving.

$45 dollars a box that gets really expensive.. And some wondering how you can run out of bags, you can order them and you have to order stuff on the correct day otherwise its two to three weeks before it shows up. If you hit it on the right day you get it in the week. I have found for our store you order on a Monday and the stuff will either show up by the end of the week or early next week. Your store may vary. And some things should just be rolling orders, just every week you order a pallet of this or six cases of that.

Which brings me to .... who will now order a all our supplies for the floor? For example, adhesive price cut paper. For the past 5 years, I just maintained a supply of all those items no questions asked. It'll be funny to see us run out. I know it's a little thing.

It's not really Target if we're not out of something on the front end. Small bags are the ones we get shorted most often, with large bags and paper for wrapping fragile items being close behind. For a long time, I felt that our store was the red-headed (pun not intended) stepchild of our district. Being here has shown that the whole chain is just as dysfunctional.

I’m in charge of doing the front end order at my store and it’s not completely your GSTL’s fault. We ran out of medium plastic bags at my store not too long ago and the issue was with getting the bags from the actual supplier. We had ordered 3 pallets worth and they just weren’t coming. We asked the 3 neighboring stores and they were all having the same issue - we know this because they called me and asked if we had bags they could borrow :(

I rather ran out instead frequent ran out of toilet paper and hand soap for at least two or three weeks before we see few boxes of toilet papers and hand soap come in. PMT don’t give a shit about it.

Speaking of bags, my state is set to ban plastic bags next year. California has already done it I believe. What do CA stores do in place of bags for guests?

Speaking of bags, my state is set to ban plastic bags next year. California has already done it I believe. What do CA stores do in place of bags for guests?
Target has paper bags available for order by SAP.

We also sell reusable bags so your ordering person (SETL or ETL-SE) may want to order more of those for purchase by guests.

Oddly I went to my local feed store (nearest Target is 35 miles away) and the lunch wagon was using Target bags. New ones. 🤔

Target has paper bags available for order by SAP.

We also sell reusable bags so your ordering person (SETL or ETL-SE) may want to order more of those for purchase by guests.
And they'll scream that we deliberately don't have the plastic bags in order to sell the reusables and demand we give those to them for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back