Archived No Baskets!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I walk in to open as GSA this morning only to discover that the 4 AM flow team had taken all but seven baskets to load up with freight from the truck. I had seven baskets when the doors opened at 8 am. "No problem", I thought, "I'll just ask over the walkie for them to bring up the empty carts I'm sure are lining the sales floor." WRONG! They were all still full of freight! And they stayed full because the flow team all got sent home at 5 1/2 hours into their shifts, with baskets full of freight still all over the store. The one softlines and one hardlines team members on the sales floor didn't have a prayer of working that out along with the CAF pulls.

Has anyone else had this happen at their store, and if so what did you do?! I'm so frustrated!

That's weird. No pallets in use? I could see a few carts being used. If my Stl saw that, flow team & their etl would be still there cleaning up the mess.

4 am should be using MOSTLY pallets. 6 am would use every flat in the building with shopping cart break out in health/beauty, softlines, and grocery.....very limited pallet use. Even in a 6 am store, flow shouldn't be suing more than 50-60 carts. 4 am should have very very limited cart usage (health/beauty and some softlines). Something is not BP at your store.

Where are your flats? We had the issue that all of the POG pulls for the following day were using all of the flats, leaving zero for the truck. Now the POG pulls are put on pallets, since they are set before store opening anyway. Just use a pallet jack to get them to the right aisle. Make sure before you start blaming the flow team for what happened, you find out why. Some ETL may have for whatever reason gave that direction.

Hmm our SrTL Log is very on top of things in the morning, all carts have to be back in the cart well by 7 am.

If for any instance @ 8 am we don't have any, we have like 50-60 in our outside reserve.

Exactly how many flow TMs do you have in your store?

Our flow team works 4-930 and mostly everything done by the time they leave.

The only carts we use are for softlines, toys, and HBA. By the time the store open, the carts are already at the front.

It really depends how big your store and how they do the flow process.

Hmm our SrTL Log is very on top of things in the morning, all carts have to be back in the cart well by 7 am.

If for any instance @ 8 am we don't have any, we have like 50-60 in our outside reserve.

Same in our store. We have a lot outside in case the store is very busy

Carts carts carts and flow team - an old story everywhere it seems. When I closed we would scrub the store for any/all carts of reshop. I would make sure that we would only have maybe five carts after the closing team left - one each for green, electronics, red, blue and front lane/dollar spot. That was it. I made sure of it. Yet the next morning there were carts all over the store full of stuff that O/N flow said was left over reshop. I KNOW it was stuff they were putting in carts and not working onto the floor but could never prove it.

4 am should be using MOSTLY pallets. 6 am would use every flat in the building with shopping cart break out in health/beauty, softlines, and grocery.....very limited pallet use. Even in a 6 am store, flow shouldn't be suing more than 50-60 carts. 4 am should have very very limited cart usage (health/beauty and some softlines). Something is not BP at your store.

Insiteful, you are right; something is definitely not BP! We've had leadership issues lately. A couple of heads have already rolled, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more of the same. I think they may have actually been told by an exec to use only carts that morning for some reason. That ETL didn't have the experience and/or common sense to realize what a problem he caused; as far as I know they are still working out freight from yesterday's truck, with another due tomorrow AM. Should be interesting!

Exactly how many flow TMs do you have in your store?

Our flow team works 4-930 and mostly everything done by the time they leave.

The only carts we use are for softlines, toys, and HBA. By the time the store open, the carts are already at the front.

It really depends how big your store and how they do the flow process.

Not sure exactly; I think there are usually around 10 to 15 usually? We are a small store, C volume, gm only.

Insite full is correct on the process. That is how my store does it. Your Stl needs to bust some heads with best practice on flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back