Archived no common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, while on my lunch, I was heading to the check lanes from grocery when a guest asked me if I worked here. I said yes, but I’m on my lunch right now (note I’m holding my food and not wearing my name tag). She then asked me where the Hearth and Hand section was (we were right next to it). I told her it’s right here.
She said oh, well I need help finding these items because I don’t see them over here (expecting me to help her). I said, “Well, sorry, but I really can’t help you. I’m on my lunch” and quickly walked away. Took a couple extra minutes on my lunch because of it.

>staking out Hearth & Hand for the launch
>guests are pretty chill
>asking people if they're finding everything okay, typical friendly NPC mode
>lady comes up
>bad leather jacket, poodle hair with a worse dye job and even worse teeth
>looks like what would happen if the castle from Beauty & The Beast had a gas station ash tray just laying around, and when everyone was turned human again, it turned into her
>"CIHYFA?"
>"Uh...yeah, coffee?"
>literally three feet behind me, but guide them anyway
>two minutes pass
>same lady asks where the dry creamer
>cold creamer master race, but whatevs
>walk her right down to it
>asks where sugar is
>a shame leashes are down in A
>woman becomes increasingly eager to ask as the seconds pass
>at this point she's just rattling off her fucking grocery list to me
>Grocerygives me this look of "oh my god, this bitch."
>in my agony, I have made a friend.

I hate the opposite of do you work here, when I am incognito on my meal, in a normal hoodie and black PMT pants and guests still ask me do I work there
I can go into any store with my obvious non-Target lanyard, non-Red striped shirt, and jeans/khaki, and I still have people coming up to me asking where stuff is. People think if you are wearing a lanyard, you must work there.

I can go into any store with my obvious non-Target lanyard, non-Red striped shirt, and jeans/khaki, and I still have people coming up to me asking where stuff is. People think if you are wearing a lanyard, you must work there.
That has happened to me at Aldi, Walmart, and Wegmans. None of their uniforms except maybe Wegmans require red, and even then it's usually a polo of whatever color the wearer chooses.

I have one better, do you have this in stock?
spotted-dick-traditional-british-steamed-fruit-sponge-pudding-05.jpg

Is this for real?

>staking out Hearth & Hand for the launch
>guests are pretty chill
>asking people if they're finding everything okay, typical friendly NPC mode
>lady comes up
>bad leather jacket, poodle hair with a worse dye job and even worse teeth
>looks like what would happen if the castle from Beauty & The Beast had a gas station ash tray just laying around, and when everyone was turned human again, it turned into her
>"CIHYFA?"
>"Uh...yeah, coffee?"
>literally three feet behind me, but guide them anyway
>two minutes pass
>same lady asks where the dry creamer
>cold creamer master race, but whatevs
>walk her right down to it
>asks where sugar is
>a shame leashes are down in A
>woman becomes increasingly eager to ask as the seconds pass
>at this point she's just rattling off her fucking grocery list to me
>Grocerygives me this look of "oh my god, this bitch."
>in my agony, I have made a friend.

Next time I go into a Target I don't work at I am going to do this..

Then at the end ask them to call the LOD, then recognize them, while they are present, in perfect Target Lingo. Then walk out, to leave them scratching their heads over who that just was... and leaving prolly their entire ETL base into a panic over spontaneous incognito "Visits....".

Infact, I think this would be an awesome "TheBreakRoom" prank on April Fools Day.

Where we can all collectively Troll Target, anonymously.

I hate the opposite of do you work here, when I am incognito on my meal, in a normal hoodie and black PMT pants and guests still ask me do I work there
Hey maybe your a real good looking PMT who knows, they see you, and are shy to flirt, but instead just ask you if you work here just for the heck of it to start a conversation with you haha!

Hahaha I was stocking bakery today and as i was stocking the lady asked me the exact same question. I double checked to make sure i had my name bade on ( i take it off when im on break) and YEP I had my badge on.

She was wondering where the butter was, it was right across from her, then her daughter looked at her weird after she said if i worked there. LOL She said why did you ask that employee if she worked here? of course she does.

TRUE STORY HAPPENED THIS AFTERNOON.

Hey maybe your a real good looking PMT who knows, they see you, and are shy to flirt, but instead just ask you if you work here just for the heck of it to start a conversation with you haha!

I wish people did that to me... most of them just want to bother me! (just kidding I'll gladly help if I'm on the clock)

LMAO I doubt that, But I do hate when I an in my PMT gear and next to other TMs in Red and Khaki and the guest still approach me first

Is this for real?

Traditional Spotted Dick (English Steamed Currant Pudding with Vanilla Custard)

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 5 ounces shredded beef suet or 10 tablespoons chilled butter diced
  • 2/3 cup caster sugar or regular granulated sugar see NOTE
  • 1 cup dried currants see NOTE
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoons quality vanilla extract
  • Zest of one large lemon
  • English Custard Sauce
Instructions
  1. Place metal cookie cutters, a folded towel, or crumpled tin foil in the bottom of a large stock pot to prevent the pudding mold from touching the bottom of the pot. Add water and bring to a boil. Generously grease a pudding mold.
  2. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and suet (or butter) in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
  3. Add the milk, lemon zest, vanilla extract and currants and stir until combined. Scoop the batter into the prepared pudding mold and secure it tightly with the lid.
  4. Lower the pudding mold into the boiling water so that the water comes up to the halfway point of the pudding mold. Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer undisturbed for 90 minutes.
  5. Remove the pudding mold from the water and let it sit for 15 minutes. Invert the pudding onto a plate. Slice into wedges and serve warm with English Custard Sauce.

English Custard (Crème Anglaise)

Ingredients

• 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 4 large egg yolks
  • 1 tablespoon quality vanilla bean paste not extract or one vanilla bean, slit open lengthwise)
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Instructions

1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch until the mixture is smooth.
  2. Heat the milk, cream and vanilla in a small saucepan just until bubbles form along the edges of the pan.
  3. Remove 1/2 cup of the hot cream and whisk it into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Gradually pour the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the cream mixture, whisking constantly to prevent clumping. Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture leaves a path on the back of spoon when you draw your finger across it. DO NOT BOIL.
  4. Cover and chill. Can be made a day in advance.

Last edited:
LMAO I doubt that, But I do hate when I an in my PMT gear and next to other TMs in Red and Khaki and the guest still approach me first

Our shirts are embroidered with a spot. We’re bitchin bro

I came into the store once in normal clothing. Maybe it was because my shirt was burnt orange idk but..
Guest: Excuse me do you work here?
I gave my best WTF look to my peer and turned and said “no sorry.”
Or maybe I just have that nice guest service face. When I go into other stores people ask me if I work there too. Costco, Kohl’s, Old Navy. *insert Maybelline Slogan*

I came into the store once in normal clothing. Maybe it was because my shirt was burnt orange idk but..
Guest: Excuse me do you work here?
I gave my best WTF look to my peer and turned and said “no sorry.”
Or maybe I just have that nice guest service face. When I go into other stores people ask me if I work there too. Costco, Kohl’s, Old Navy. *insert Maybelline Slogan*
you know the maybelline tagline suggests people are ugly. Yeah, Repeat their tag line outline thing actually think about it.

you know the maybelline tagline suggests people are ugly. Yeah, Repeat their tag line outline thing actually think about it.
Not ugly, just making reference to societal suggestive standards of beauty that if a woman uses Maybelline, a makeup brand, then who knows if she’s “born with it” or if it’s the makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back