Archived No cvs team members in Break Room....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do see the reasoning behind it but that sounds so insane! And will their till be CVS property and not be in our cash office to be counted with the other funds?

Heres how I am handling it at my store as this was brought up by several Team Members... Target Mobile Team Members are contracted by Target to run our mobile Kiosk's... Our new CVS Pharmacists and Staff are not contracted by Target to run our Pharmacies... They own them... we have no contract with there employee and we have no say over how they operate. Hence I allow Target Mobile Team Members. Hell I still allow our RX staff, they are the same Rx team that ran my store when they were Target.... Doesn't feel right, not too. So until I get push back, thats how I'm gonna roll..

I see them in the breakroom all the time. We have a optical, mobile and guess what they say nothing to them in fact the ETLS are buddies with mobile and the RX TM members so let's just see them tell them you can't sit with us.... Ya that would go over real well.

also I heard Targets cleaning crew cannot clean the CVS pharmacy area behind the counter, CVS has to find their own cleaning crew .

that's ridiculous.

There are times when we have upwards of 15 Google Express shoppers, 1-2 Curbside employees, and 1-2 Target Mobile Team Members in our break room all at once. This policy would be... interesting at my store!

the heck is google express

When my store had the huddle on Wed to announce the change over to CVS...we were told that IF we saw anyone from the Pharmacy sitting in the break room....we were not to confront them we were to tell the LOD.A bit of overkill I think.

lmao yeah I doubt anyone at my store would tell anyone.

My store's Target Mobile people are allowed in the break room, same with the lady who comes in on weekends to sell Boots cosmetics. I doubt the STL really cares if pharmacy is in the breakroom given that he hasn't gone in there in the 18 months he's been here.

I do see the reasoning behind it but that sounds so insane! And will their till be CVS property and not be in our cash office to be counted with the other funds?

That's a good point. Where do they keep their money at? What if it runs out? Where do they get replenishment?

ESPN and news for the morning (usually older crew) and Adult Swim for the closing (usually younger) crew for my team

Mostly local Fox news for openers and early-mid. Sports for mid-mid and late-mid. Crime shows for late-mid and closers.

This policy is one of the most ridiculous things Target/CVS/whoever fucking concocted it has come up with I think in recent times, and that is saying something. How can you tell people who are working under the same roof, and who just yesterday were Target employees, that they are suddenly no longer able to sit down and eat in a fucking break room IN THE STORE WHERE THEY WORK?? Why? What purpose does that kind of needless division serve? Where exactly, then, are they to go to sit down and eat? Someone in this thread mentioned them being able to sit at Cafe/SBUX but we know this is disallowed in many stores.

I didn't have a car when I worked at Spot. I took my lunches inside the store, in the break room 99% of the time. What if I had been a pharmacy TM once this change came about? Where the hell would I sit to take my breaks and lunches? I guess it doesn't matter to the rich execs further stuffing their wallets where us lowly peons eat our food. Just sit on the floor in the supply closet or something, you disgusting peon, while the execs sip their expensive champagne at lavish dinner parties. You bet I'm ticked. This sounds like something someone at either Target/CVS came up with to push more paper around and justify some rich fat cat's job. Just one more reason to hate both these companies.

Last edited:
oh and our STL ETLs are not allowed to use the CVS pharmacy bathroom, they have to use the public bathroom which they deem dirty !!

also I heard Targets cleaning crew cannot clean the CVS pharmacy area behind the counter, CVS has to find their own cleaning crew .
Behind the counter? I don't think we even have a bathroom there, we have one next to the pharmacy, but it is a public bathroom, it's unisex and the one families often opt to use when it's a mother and their son, or father and daughter etc. so that neither is going in the wrong genders restoom.

If I want a clean restroom, I use the one in the backroom.

Behind the counter? I don't think we even have a bathroom there, we have one next to the pharmacy, but it is a public bathroom, it's unisex and the one families often opt to use when it's a mother and their son, or father and daughter etc. so that neither is going in the wrong genders restoom.

If I want a clean restroom, I use the one in the backroom.
I think she is speaking of the area between the registers & the gates at the newer stores (bowling alley pharmacies do not have this area.) Even the bathrooms next to the pharmacies are 100x cleaner than the "regular" ones because they are less frequently used. Our bathrooms in the back room are disgusting. I think they get cleaned MAYBE once a week, if that! At least our women's bathroom is. I avoid going to the bathroom at work unless I absolutely HAVE to because they are ALL nasty!

Fortunately, our STL said we can use the breakroom since we really don't have an "off-stage" area in our pharmacy & our Starbucks/FA area is so small (not to mention, busy lately,) there isn't anywhere else for us to eat. Of course, when I was in there the other day, I overheard someone say, "I thought they weren't supposed to be in here???" Yes, I spoke up and said, "*STL* said we could, at least until the holidays are over..." Why the heck can't people just mind their own damn business??? :mad:

Went into work on Saturday and 8 of the lockers were signed to be only used by CVS/pharmacy, which is nice. But they were the lockers I usually used. I always knew what area I put my stuff in. So now I try to get a locker close to those. lol

We have a shelf in the fridge and lockers labelled for CVS use only, but all the lockers and the shelf are full of team member items. The signs are just being entirely ignored. When we (CVS) noticed this, we just laughed and later were joking about it with some of the self-admitted culprits. As I've said before, nobody in my store is taking those aspects of the rules seriously.

We have a shelf in the fridge and lockers labelled for CVS use only, but all the lockers and the shelf are full of team member items. The signs are just being entirely ignored. When we (CVS) noticed this, we just laughed and later were joking about it with some of the self-admitted culprits. As I've said before, nobody in my store is taking those aspects of the rules seriously.
I didn't think we would...our head pharmacist has worked here since our store opened...but so far the hrtm had been a bitch about it as usual and the stl had backed get up...

Probably more worried about unions.

All I can say is if this is Target Canada 2.0, I told you so.

Target isn't Wal-Mart. Wal-Marts have banks, salons, McDonalds, Blimpies, and Subways in them and the stores function normally. Target has a CVS pharmacy in it and it's like a nuclear bomb has been dropped.

I used to work at a Subway inside of a Wal-Mart. We had nothing to do with the store. I never even saw their breakroom and only went to the backroom to take out the trash at the end of the night. The store didn't even have keys to the gate that separated Subway.

I used to work at a Subway inside of a Wal-Mart. We had nothing to do with the store. I never even saw their breakroom and only went to the backroom to take out the trash at the end of the night. The store didn't even have keys to the gate that separated Subway.
That's an entirely different situation, though. Those employees NEVER were Walmart employees. We ALL were Target employees until less than a week ago. Target is still signing our pay checks, we are still using Target POS', their claims' processing system, bags, supplies, etc. Hell, even AFTER we change over to the CVS system, we will still be using the Target POS, ringing out Target items, AND helping their guests locate items in the HBA section of the store! As Subway employees, did you have to tell Walmart customers where the aspirin was or ring out their bananas?

My store is allowing us to eat in the breakroom. I work in a bowling alley pharmacy as well and we have no offstage area in which to eat.

My store is just ignoring the divide we're supposed to have. When I came into work this morning the HR team member jokingly asked me if we were allowed to use the team member entrance :rolleyes:

I'm the Mobile lead in our store, and so far I haven't heard that we are kicked out of breakroom. I think if we are, I'm going to be pretty upset. I've worked too darn hard to fix the us vs them rift caused by the last Mobile team! (Last entire Mobile team mysteriously dissappeared over the course of a couple days, and thought they ran tnier own separate nation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back