No drinks behind registers?

My team lead held a hurdle today and announced we can’t have any type of drinks behind the register anymore including water. I can understand other drinks, but water?? We are expected to go to the break room if we need a sip of water. Is this common for other stores too?

My team lead held a hurdle today and announced we can’t have any type of drinks behind the register anymore including water. I can understand other drinks, but water?? We are expected to go to the break room if we need a sip of water. Is this common for other stores too?
Water we're allowed, nothing else. I think its due to potential spill/sticky messes.

No food or drink on the floor is SOP, except for drive up & cart attendants (outside in the heat). It's not often enforced, at least at my store, but I'm pretty sure it's policy.

Likely a guest complained or something. God forbid the retail drones show any humanity, donchaknow.

We’re not allowed food or drink on the floor due to covid. That’s been ongoing for over a year. TMs that need a medical exemption get additional unpaid breaks.
This is the rule at our store and has been since the start of COVID - it's one of the few they heavily enforce. That way if a guest complains the store has the medical exemption to fall back on when the higher ups ask.

And over here they openly eat and drink at GS in full view of guests and TLs. Newb just casually munching on a bag of chips just now, which of course means mask down, chatting away while snacking. Maddening.

This is the rule at our store and has been since the start of COVID - it's one of the few they heavily enforce. That way if a guest complains the store has the medical exemption to fall back on when the higher ups ask.
We do "out of sight out of mind" and with that massive west coast heatwave, we are encouraged to keep water in a sealable bottle to drink on the floor.

Back