No headphones but a small speaker?

It mind numbing work without listening to podcasts. But summer is here. Can't disguise a headphone in one ear beneath ear muffs in this heat.

Would using a speaker in the trucks be an issue? They never mentioned anything like that in the rules as far as I know. Trying not to look like I'm stealing anything. Never have, never will. What say ye?

It mind numbing work without listening to podcasts. But summer is here. Can't disguise a headphone in one ear beneath ear muffs in this heat.

Would using a speaker in the trucks be an issue? They never mentioned anything like that in the rules as far as I know. Trying not to look like I'm stealing anything. Never have, never will. What say ye?
The only place radios were ever “ok” was at packing stations, and they had to be stand-alone and battery powered (couldn’t be a dock or bt speaker) but I don’t even think that’s the case anymore.
The consequences would likely be the same as getting caught with your earbud, which at my DC is a final.

Store TM here. Some TMs at my store will use their phones to play music before the store opens. (One does it even after the store's been open for 15-20 minutes .... "Oh I didn't notice the lights on all the way or guests walking around." I just try to ignore her now.) I'm fine with the quiet and just being inside my own head while doing my own mind-numbing work, but I get that not everyone feels the same way. I don't like feeling forced to listen to other people's music though. Non-confrontational as I am, I even spoke up to a TL once about a TM playing music that was misogynistic and therefore offensive when I clued in to the lyrics. (When I spoke to the TM first, he just laughed it off, which made both his music and him offensive.)
If you have a small speaker going, be careful how loud it is and what's playing. First complaint could get the whole thing shut down, for you and everyone else at your DC.

some people use those head wraps or ski masks when it's literally 100 out. makes me angry tbh. i guess with covid they think they can get away with it.

Definitely not going to fly.

1 Buy some earbuds at Walmart…..
2 paint them bright yellow so they look like earplugs
3 long hair that covers most of your ears is helpful in hiding them

…pro tip…don’t put them on pause while talking to management…they will blink
🤩

Easy way to get put on final or termed.

I used to wear a sweatband over my ears to hide the buds in summer. Just only use one in one ear and keep the volume low enough that you can hear everything around you and nobody will care.

Back