Archived no I in TEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's even harder when you work in a center with a team as small as ours because we don't have that many back-ups to call & we can't train any when there are NO training hrs to be had.
Which makes it all the more infuriating when your closer calls out with a 'sick kid' only to post FB pics later getting wasted night-clubbing with the girls.
And HR can't touch them.
Maddening.

Guy on my team came to work and stuck it out the entire day 4 hours after his brother was killed because he didn't want us to be short on a big truck. Don't tell me you have "problems".
Me and my TL both have pushed truck with broken fingers, broken ribs, etc. Don't tell me you aren't coming in because you have a cold.

Geesh...broken ribs and pushing a truck...I'd be careful with that. But a cold? Everybody has different tolerance levels, and some of us have to be careful when we get sick because it could snowball into something that could put us in the hospital because of other medical conditions.

I'd rather that somebody who has the flu stays home than sharing their germs with the rest of the team. At my store, it's like contagion...one person gets sick, comes to work, and the next thing you know, you have 15 team members who have the stomach virus, the flu, contagious bronchitis, the common cold, you name it...

And I can understand coming to work after somebody just passed away...it's easier to focus on something else instead of your grief...avoidance of the reality of the situation. Because once it sets in, it's going to smack you hard...and it's easier to put it off for as long as you can. Not the best way to cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back