No LOD

Sometimes it's too many "leads".... you'll never hear", LOD , do you copy" over channel 1. No way. We just be calling out names if we need some one

TMSC usually has a store schedule printed out, you can check that to see what TLs are in the store at the time.

Is anyone else's store unofficially bringing back LODs?

There is a schedule posted in our leader office now that says "Who's Quarterback?" :rolleyes: and every ETL is assigned a day. I asked my SD about it and she said it's basically LOD again, and it came down from our new DSD. I figure this is just a district initiative for now, but perhaps could be a sign of changes coming down the road.

There is a schedule posted in our leader office now that says "Who's Quarterback?" :rolleyes: and every ETL is assigned a day. I asked my SD about it and she said it's basically LOD again, and it came down from our new DSD. I figure this is just a district initiative for now, but perhaps could be a sign of changes coming down the road.
We never stopped using the term but the LOD shifts are no longer. If there is a LOD call only 1 or 2 TL ever answer, otherwise it's an ETL. All of the TM go to their designated leader for any direction.

🤮🤮🤮

If I wasn't on the schedule as LOD I didn't respond but if I hear someone asking 5 times then I would.

my closing TL got annoyed at me because I said "LOD you have a call on 2282" mind you we had two closers today.

Even then. If we don't use the term LOD. Why do we still use it in 239 calls and doesn't the workbench still use it?

LOD is ambiguous. Even when it was a thing I told my team not to use it - too easy for them to shirk responsibility. Call them directly by name, then if they don't respond, they can be held accountable for it.

Yeah my group is brought it back a couple months ago

LOD is ambiguous. Even when it was a thing I told my team not to use it - too easy for them to shirk responsibility. Call them directly by name, then if they don't respond, they can be held accountable for it.
LOD worked great at my store, so much so that people still say it. But I hear more TMs calling leaders by name.

I can't remember the leaders' names, especially the ones I barely work with. I'll be saying LOD or avoiding asking for help for the foreseeable future. Yes I've worked with these people for years and years. No I do not know their names.
#awkward

I don't even know 99% of the target terminology

Everyone sounds like they're speaking another language 😖
LOD = Leader on Duty (though technically it's not a term we use anymore)

For years, every ETL and certain TLs were on a rotation and were assigned LOD shifts throughout the week. There was always an opening LOD and a closing LOD. During their LOD shift, that leader was responsible for overseeing all store operations, even for departments that weren't theirs. Kind of similar to what a closing leader does now.

Our district just bought back LOD, our DSD made an opening/closing LOD checklist, oldschool brandwalk sheet, and told our closing team leads dont take the store over if its not in good shape.
I
Mon-GM ETL
Tue- SS ETL
Wed- SE ETL
Thurs- GM ETL
Fri-HR ETL
Weekends rotation

Our district just bought back LOD, our DSD made an opening/closing LOD checklist, oldschool brandwalk sheet, and told our closing team leads dont take the store over if its not in good shape.
I
Mon-GM ETL
Tue- SS ETL
Wed- SE ETL
Thurs- GM ETL
Fri-HR ETL
Weekends rotation
My store is doing this too

That's just weird. If someone was LOD, responding is what they were supposed to do, lol.
but still only respond to favorites. It took a couple days to figure out who the tl pets were. So humiliating to have your request just hanging in the dead air. Happens to GS all the time.

Back