Archived No more birthday cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store does an end-of-the-month-everyone-gets-cake day too. I'm surprised that isn't the "norm" for celebrating birthdays/anniversaries.

Actually, our cakes were usually when someone was leaving (usually popular TL or ETL).
The running joke was telling someone there was a cake with their name on it (startling a person who "didn't know they were leaving").

eat quick, before you have to clean out your office!

We've never gotten birthday cakes:girl_sad:. All we get is a card tacked on the bulletin board by the time clock. Sometimes we do get cake but it's always because some guest decided they didn't want it after it was made.

No cake at our store, occasionally bananas and apples, which is fine by me. I don't need the temptation.

We do have a coffee pot of coffee going at all times. YEAH!

:\ Can I come work at your store??? Screw the cake, I WANT COFFEE AT ALL TIMES!!!!! lol! We never had cake anyway, it was always cupcakes and they were usually gone by the time I got in because a certain "team" would pilfer them for their friggin' families :angry2: I didn't even get a cupcake on my OWN "birthday month" :angry:

:\ Can I come work at your store??? Screw the cake, I WANT COFFEE AT ALL TIMES!!!!! lol! We never had cake anyway, it was always cupcakes and they were usually gone by the time I got in because a certain "team" would pilfer them for their friggin' families :angry2: I didn't even get a cupcake on my OWN "birthday month" :angry:

We have coffee at all times too.

That's kind of dickish.

Our ETL's are addicted to the sugar fortunately and so they want/need the cake.

We don't get coffee. Once we had a coffee maker until someone scorched it & the carafe cracked.
The only free foods we'll get is out-dates (let them eat trash).

My Dad is currently drinking OJ that was supposed to expire in January. I'm not drinking it but he hasn't shown any negative signs yet. Either way, I'm keeping back from the rear guard.

ETL: Happy birthday, Frank. Here's a card (*name of other TM scratched out*) & a little treat (Easter candy gone salvage).

TM: Um, thanks....my name is Fred, actually.

Our table talkers say we are having our cake April 27th. I wonder if we will have one in May though.

My store never had any cakes in the 3 years since i have been working at target. The ETL and hr staff always eat out. We may get pizza once every few months.

Not that I think its Target's job to feed its employees, but doesn't each store have a monthly budget for rewarding its team?

so is the team replacing the bday cake with something else now?

what are your stores doing for the 50th "birthday" of Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back