Archived No more birthday cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talan123

Team Member/Troll
No more birthday cake is what came down from headquarters recently.

Our store went a year without any kind of cake/snacks so that's not a huge issue but this just seems petty beyond reason.

Glad to see corporate is so hard at work.

Your going to laugh, but its because it's discriminatory against those who don't have "birthdays". In some certain religions birthdays are not celebrated and the term "Birthday" is almost a curse word. Even though I am all for respecting everyones beliefs, this is a bit out stretched. I also heard that they did a break down of how much money is being spent on cake at the store level, easy way to cut down that expense, I guess.

Ooh baby, I like it
You so excited
Don't try to hide it
I'mma make you my *****
Cake, cake, cake, cake
Cake, cake, cake, cake
Cake, cake, cake, cake
Cake, cake, cake

At my store they told us if we want to get someone a cake we have to pay out of our own pocket.

You know, I wouldn't mind cost cutting measures if they would make them across the board. Like with ETL lunches. And ridiculous signage and super glossy inter-store magazines.

For what reason???

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I do not celebrate birthdays for religious reasons. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, so I can speak from personal experience. I just politely choose not to participate. You will never find a JW who tries to stop workplace birthdays or holidays because of their personal stand on the matter. We, of all people, understand the need for mutual respect and religious freedom.

I would imagine it is an issue of fairness. The "popular" team members are probably getting cake, and the newer or quieter ones are getting missed.

I do not celebrate birthdays for religious reasons. I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, so I can speak from personal experience. I just politely choose not to participate. You will never find a JW who tries to stop workplace birthdays or holidays because of their personal stand on the matter. We, of all people, understand the need for mutual respect and religious freedom.

I would imagine it is an issue of fairness. The "popular" team members are probably getting cake, and the newer or quieter ones are getting missed.

At my store the cake is for everyone's birthday for the month.

This. We have a birthday "day" at the end of the month where we celebrate everyone's birthdays.

what happens when we just have a cake day? as long as it doesn't say hb is it ok? what about cakes celebrating target anniversaries? some people don't like cake at all. what about them? come to think of it, the color red offends me on a very personal level. im going to call my hrbp first thing in the morning. :/ where was this communication?

i guess making that pretty new target 360 site took up all the cake $$$$. GRRRRRRR. i don't care if it says happy birthday or f* yourself. DUDE. IT'S FREE CAKE. GET OVER IT.

We have a Birthday/Anniversay cake on the last Friday of each month. I hate to see it go away. But I am not suprised. Morale is at an all-time low at my store. They think just talking to the HR ETL will help. But they will have to make some real improvements soon. Not going to happen though.

seriously. the stupid cakes are like the highlight of the month at work....for me at least. i don't get cake often so when they have it at work it literally makes my day. also it's one of the few things simple enough for TSC to just set out and be on their way. most of the "events" are more involved and they can't be bothered to set it up before the early AM teams leave for the day.

Reactions: NOP
No cake at our store, occasionally bananas and apples, which is fine by me. I don't need the temptation.

We do have a coffee pot of coffee going at all times. YEAH!

this, if true, is an all new low. Many things that happen that offend me. I am offended by their total disregard for the desperate need for a little fun by sharing a little cake with my co-workers. I think there will be cakes going stale and unloved at my local cake retailers. There will be sugar sitting on a shelf unwanted - I want it. I need it - it's not fair.

i think im just gonna type I LOVE CAKE over and over on the BTS next month. if they can afford to do the bts, that is...

I'm pretty sure there are no blanks on the BTS only little circles - that would be like coloring outside the lines - it's frowned upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back