Does target do drug testing

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say for jobs that require you to use heavy equipment I think the person should still be tested. I don't want someone high as a kite to be operating anything.

This. We have enough cart pusher incidents as it is.
Cart Pusher incidents will happen almost regardless. About 90% are the result of guests driving into the cart pusher while it is stationary.

Most days I was just relieved if I could make a loop around the parking lot without an escalade or *insert other upper-middle class car here* side-swiping my shoulder or back.

I would say for jobs that require you to use heavy equipment I think the person should still be tested. I don't want someone high as a kite to be operating anything.

This. We have enough cart pusher incidents as it is.
Cart Pusher incidents will happen almost regardless. About 90% are the result of guests driving into the cart pusher while it is stationary.

Most days I was just relieved if I could make a loop around the parking lot without an escalade or *insert other upper-middle class car here* side-swiping my shoulder or back.

Whenever I had to cover carts, I just brought them in by hand so I wouldn't have to deal with the cart pusher and all the risks associated with it.

I don't think I ever went to work high when I was a pothead. I smoked probably 4-10 times per week. I went to one class high once. Drug tests aren't perfect, though. People get high on legal rx drugs and do worse than I ever did high. I always just ate and slept... Maybe I should start smoking again. I should've been asleep hours ago. One summer I had the forethought to stop smoking early enough that I'd pass any drug tests, then I could just go back to smoking after it was over.

Last edited by a moderator:
The number of TMs who were upset by this at my store was astounding...are these people all upset they had to give up drugs to work at Target? How in the hell can anyone afford the drugs and work at Target? If you can afford them, my guess is that you don't need this job!

Depends on the drug. Weed isn't expensive and a lot of people who smoke don't smoke every single day, plus mooching weed is so easy. During my pothead times, I bought weed once and I did smoke almost daily. I gave money toward it a few times but most of the time I didn't pay for anything except maybe a bag of Cheetos. I've only ever rolled one joint lol.

Wow, I was actually the worst.

If you're using something expensive or just smoking more often and don't have friends who smoke, though, your priorities get fucked. So while you may not be able to afford it, technically, you might buy your drug of choice before you pay bills or whatever. I have a shopping addiction, tbh.

The number of TMs who were upset by this at my store was astounding...are these people all upset they had to give up drugs to work at Target? How in the hell can anyone afford the drugs and work at Target? If you can afford them, my guess is that you don't need this job!
Not everybody buys their drugs either.

You would be surprised at the amount of heroin use around my area. People shooting up all over the place...... It is really quite sad actually:( Alot of deaths. They even found one shooting up in a wal-mart bathroom once. Luckily none at our store yet.

Last edited:
To me the drug testing is more about responsibility...you know you're looking for a job and a good deal of places test, but you come up positive anyway? You knew this was a possibility, doesn't seem like a responsible thing to do. It's possibly indicative of someone's future behavior.

In all honesty who cares if someone smokes weed, so long as they're not working while high.

Heck yea! Just imagine them zoning!!! People could DIE!!!
I agree 100 percent. Just picture a guest has a heart attack in front of said team member. The team member is so high he/she doesn't call anyone. The guest dies...because nobody was called in time.

I know a lot of people that smoke weed that work at my store. They do it in their own time (after work) and wouldn't come to work high. No different than someone who enjoys a drink after work. Doesn't mean they will come to work drunk. If your a responsible enough adult I don't see the difference between someone who drinks or smokes. And before anyone argues smoking is bad for you, so is drinking.

When they stopped testing seasonal, and I guess now pretty much everyone, some people thought it meant people would start coming to work high. The thing is people are going to do what they want regardless if there are preemployment tests or not. Another thing to remember is if you have a accident on the clock your still going to get tested regardless, alcohol or drugs.

Another thing. Most of the hard drugs that do cause a risk are out of the system in a few days anyway. Meaning most drug tests won't catch them.

Last edited:
Most drugs are no different than alcohol, so it's a step in the right direction. Employers have no right to judge you on what you do in your free time. There are much, much worse things that people do that you can't test for. I find drug tests both offensive and invasive. Hopefully, some day, the majority of companies out there will stop such invasive testing.

Coming from a state where marijuana has been quasi-legal since the seventies and is legal now, I have to say there is very little effect in terms of the workplace.
Idiots come to work stoned, they are the same people who would come to work stoned if it wasn't legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back