Archived No more e-mail outside of Target for non-exempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
Effective today it seems, non-exempt TMs that have access to email can no longer access it outside of Target's intranet.

Not that we should be "working off the clock" anyway, but it was a good tool in some emergencies.

I'm forced to use "tgtmail.target . com/owa" when I try to log in, then it gives me a message "Nonexempt team members do not have access to Target email outside of the secure internal Target network. Please contact HR with any questions."

Maybe it's only with the new Outlook Web Client (white and blue) and not the old one (yellow and white).

I only read them, I hardly consider that working off the clock.

Yeah it's probably the new version of outlook we are all being upgraded to. Currently webmail.target.com is still ok for me.

I usually read mine before going to work, so I know what I'm walking into.
With the new upgrade it's hit or miss, sometimes I can access from home other times no.

I was just able to log in with no issue using webmail.target.com

Didn't even realize I could access my Target email home. Go figure.

Do GSAs have email?

Yes, and that's the one thing that I miss about being a GSA. Without email it feels really difficult to communicate with Leadership when none of our shifts overlap. Once you're keyed for GSA you should have access to email by going onto Workbench, clicking "Hotmail", and logging in with your TM# and eHR password. You should also be able to access myTime for printing out the daily grid.

Yes, and that's the one thing that I miss about being a GSA. Without email it feels really difficult to communicate with Leadership when none of our shifts overlap. Once you're keyed for GSA you should have access to email by going onto Workbench, clicking "Hotmail", and logging in with your TM# and eHR password. You should also be able to access myTime for printing out the daily grid.
They took away your email? Especially in your situation, they should be able to get you an email account. Notes only work so well. Ask your HR or HRTM (I find that our HRTM can do just about anything).

They took away your email? Especially in your situation, they should be able to get you an email account. Notes only work so well. Ask your HR or HRTM (I find that our HRTM can do just about anything).

Email access is linked with certain job codes, i.e. if you're not keyed as that position, you don't have access. There's only so much HR can do.

So one of the ETLs asked me today if I got his email. I replied, "I have email?" I asked if I could get some training in case there are other things I don't know about. For some reason the never train me for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back