No more insurance for part time team members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is that this whole thing is a failure. You knew it was a failure before it was even proven to be a failure. This whole thing was designed by the insurance companies to increase their profits while giving favors i.e. deals, stocks, discounts, whatever to the wonderful politicians in D.C. which end screwing up peasants and minions like us that work at amazing Target. Personally, I think Obama and his wife should be forced to be on Obamacare. I think all people in the House, Senate, and anyone in Obama's administration should have to sign up for Obamacare. No excuses or special treatment for them. If we have to suffer, they should as well.

Bottom line is that this whole thing is a failure. You knew it was a failure before it was even proven to be a failure. This whole thing was designed by the insurance companies to increase their profits while giving favors i.e. deals, stocks, discounts, whatever to the wonderful politicians in D.C. which end screwing up peasants and minions like us that work at amazing Target. Personally, I think Obama and his wife should be forced to be on Obamacare. I think all people in the House, Senate, and anyone in Obama's administration should have to sign up for Obamacare. No excuses or special treatment for them. If we have to suffer, they should as well.

All government employees and even the president has to go through the exchange.

i missed the cutoff by .11 hours. That equates to about 36 minutes per week. 31 hours short over the course of a year. Time I could have easily worked IF I had known this was coming. That is what seems SO unfair to me. Target could have given us notice so that those of us so close to meeting the 32 hour average could have made it. I will have to go without insurance because I can not afford what I have found. I have always worked hard and gone beyond what was expected. No more. Ever.

I got insurance through my 2nd job. Ck with your family services dept in your city or county agency, they may be able help you.

I haven't said much about this but it's time.

I'm one of those people who needed and greatly appreciated Spot's insurance. In fact, a couple of my family members desperately need it. I missed the average hour minimum by such a small amount that it's sickening and very sad. Like others have said, had I known this was coming....

What bothers me the most is this: over the past few years the "perks" (if you can call them that) of working at Spot have been slowly taken away. I've stayed because I really like my job, believed in the company values, and needed the insurance. I still like my job but no longer share a good number of Spot's values and will soon be without insurance. Those last two simply won't work for me.

I'm actively seeking another job and as soon as I find one, I'm out. I wish I could say I feel bad about this but I don't. My loyalty to the company had been deserved and somewhat appreciated but those days are gone and soon I will be, also.

So I average well over 31.5 hours, even though I'm not technically a full time team member. My question is, if for whatever I dip below that 31.5 line, am I know longer eligible for insurance? Or since I'm going to be over when they change it, I'll always be eligible no matter what?

If your yearly average for all of 2013 was over 31.5, they will reclassify you as full-time and you have the opportunity for health insurance for the year. At the end of the year, they will again average everyone's hours. Those that are again considered full-time (should be 30 hours according to the ACA next year, but who the hell knows with Spot), will have the opportunity to again sign up for insurance. Those who were full-time this year but let their hours drop, so their average is too low will be fed to the marketplace.

If the gov says 30 hours = full time and that full time employees should get insurance, how can they use 31.5? How does this make sense? I'm not at 30 hours either way, but I don't understand how they can do this to people averaging 30-31.49 hours?

I hear ya on how Target has been taking away perks in recent years. Their greed is astounding. They want to make as much money as they can while spending the least amount of money. I don't want to hear "it's retail". When I hear people say that, I just want to say "have you ever worked in retail" or "these are human beings we are talking about". Yeah, there is a lot of apathy at Target stores but can you blame team members for being that way? Team members are the engine of the store in my opinion. ETLs and TLs are basically babysitters that get paid to sign stuff, watch people, and unlock/lock doors. I am a person, you're a person, that person over there is a person, and I should be treated like a person. Lulz, Flight of the Conchords.

According to a quick/dirty google search, Target will be fined if they don't offer insurance to those people between 30 and 32

At my current income... My premium for a silver plan is expect to be 91% of my income, with a max out of pocket that is 4000 higher than my income (no expansion, no subsidies).

Going bronze is expected to cost me only 74% of my income.

I will stick with my medically needy Medicaid that covers me 100% after $600 in a month....

Oh and, my daughter has insane medical expenses.... It's better for me to be "poor" at this point so she gets full coverage. If she was on her dads private coverage we'd have major problems (one of her meds is $30k a year) reaching their limits that don't want to cover such things.

Question: With TM health benefits being cut, are stores now trying their best to schedule TMs less or keep TMs from picking up shifts in order to keep them from getting up above the 32 hour cut off?

Question: With TM health benefits being cut, are stores now trying their best to schedule TMs less or keep TMs from picking up shifts in order to keep them from getting up above the 32 hour cut off?

Sales are down, more so than usual for this time of year. Hours being cut will be hard to correlate at this time. I would not put it past them to hire more TMs to spread out the hours that are there though to keep the averages down.

If you are single and make under $15,000 a year you should qualify for free healthcare from the Government.

According to the thing I read (which wasn't even a great source, so take with a grain of salt), the fine is per employee... and not just the ones who weren't offered insurance.

I just found out I get to stay on my mom's insurance until the last day of the year, doesn't end on my birthday like I previously thought. So, I have to find a job with benefits by then.

For those of you posing the 30 hour question, I also mentioned that on here a couple of days ago. After talking to a few reliable sources (people NOT associated with Target), that aspect of the law is not being enforced until 2015. It is technically the law currently, in 2014 to offer insurance to those 30 hours or more, but they will not be penalized for not complying THIS year. However, those of you who are at a 30-31 hour average and really want to keep your Target insurance, I would encourage you to pursue legal counsel on that.

For those of you posing the 30 hour question, I also mentioned that on here a couple of days ago. After talking to a few reliable sources (people NOT associated with Target), that aspect of the law is not being enforced until 2015. It is technically the law currently, in 2014 to offer insurance to those 30 hours or more, but they will not be penalized for not complying THIS year. However, those of you who are at a 30-31 hour average and really want to keep your Target insurance, I would encourage you to pursue legal counsel on that.

Great way for the company to dodge a bullet.

I just got my letter from the health exchange. I found out we make too much money to have medicaid, so we have to go through the exchange. My state thinks that my income is able to help pay for my wife's insurance. So the government is just going to throw us a bone of 135 bucks to help pay premiums. That still doesn't help with the costs. It's much cheaper just to add my wife to Taget's HSA account when open enrollment opens.

Target are liers saying that workers will find cheaper coverage through the exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back