Archived No more training...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished my last day of training a few days ago and now it's my first day going in without a trainer. I was wondering what I do when I first get there? At my store they have a sheet which lets you know what area you're in...but do I just go ahead and go there or do I check in with someone first? Also...someone (manager or lod i'm not sure) asked me to come in earlier than scheduled but it hasn't been updated on my schedule...should I call and ask?

I finished my last day of training a few days ago and now it's my first day going in without a trainer. I was wondering what I do when I first get there? At my store they have a sheet which lets you know what area you're in...but do I just go ahead and go there or do I check in with someone first? Also...someone (manager or lod i'm not sure) asked me to come in earlier than scheduled but it hasn't been updated on my schedule...should I call and ask?
Depending on what time of day and if the schedule is not filled out for that day you could always go to whatever section they have you in. You could also just ask for the LOD over the walkie and ask if there is something they want you to work on.

If it's day time, you'll be pushing batches & doing go backs for your section. If you're softlines, you'll be doing this, plus sorting at the Fitting Room. Also answer backups.

If you're closing, let the LOD know that you're there after you've clocked in. Check the breakout for what zone you're responsible for. Get the go backs for your zone. You'll still be pushing batches until 6pm also. Start your zone. I usually go by easiest to hardest, but it's up to you how you want to do it. If you're struggling or your zone is super trashed, let the LOD know early enough so they can decide the best way to help.

Thanks everyone! I just have one more question...when you work on hardlines earlier in the day (I'm used to closing where we have a huddle and everyone knows what they're doing) do you keep asking your LOD what to do or just wait until they let you know? When I went in at 4 pm she had me do go backs/reshop and then told me to go do CAFs and after that I was closing. But do I just continue to do the task until they tell me otherwise? I was doing CAFs and there were no more left except this huge pile on a flat that I didn't even know what to do with but luckily it was my break and I came back for closing. I'm just confused on how you know what you're supposed to be doing the whole time? Also if you're doing go backs in an area and have some that go in another that's on the other side of the store...do you go to the area when your done or do you just put them into the other area's go back cart?

Thanks everyone! I just have one more question...when you work on hardlines earlier in the day (I'm used to closing where we have a huddle and everyone knows what they're doing) do you keep asking your LOD what to do or just wait until they let you know? When I went in at 4 pm she had me do go backs/reshop and then told me to go do CAFs and after that I was closing. But do I just continue to do the task until they tell me otherwise? I was doing CAFs and there were no more left except this huge pile on a flat that I didn't even know what to do with but luckily it was my break and I came back for closing. I'm just confused on how you know what you're supposed to be doing the whole time? Also if you're doing go backs in an area and have some that go in another that's on the other side of the store...do you go to the area when your done or do you just put them into the other area's go back cart?
my suggestion would be if you are closing to check on CAFs and if there are any on the line to do them, if there is none check on reshop, depending on how bad your zone is than start zoning but be mindful of reshop and how much you have. Your number 1 priority when you are closing is the zone unless you are helping a guest. Now obviously if the LOD tells you to do something you do what the LOD says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back