Archived No one in my store respects the Flow team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question, sorry for so many posts. I have some hours week after next slated as "logistics training" - does that differ from back room training or receiving training, and if so, how? Mind you, I'm excited for it. It seems to indicate that I'll be staying past the season, which I'm up for. And I am interested in how Target interacts with its inventory programs and protocols. But I wonder what to expect, exactly, from "logistics training."

Thanks, The Dude Abides.

On flow, in addition to the truck, we get "autofills" of freight to be pushed. Are autofills the same as CAF pulls? If not, what does CAF stand for/represent, and what is the difference between the two?

Oftentimes, I barely get to the green clip pulls before my whistle blows, but when I have, they turn out to be back stock too. Stuff that goes back and forth in a circle every day from truck to push to backstock to whatever happens then... but seems to just circle back to the floor when it's still not needed. Is there a way to identify/stop that?

The autofills are basically a larger version of the CAFs that drop for the flow team to push. When I helped flow a few times last year, I was told that the autofills should be pushed before the truck, especially in market. If you can get your hands on a PDA, try to check for 2nd locations. The pick label and price scanners will only give you the home; only the PDA will list additional locations.

One more question, sorry for so many posts. I have some hours week after next slated as "logistics training" - does that differ from back room training or receiving training, and if so, how? Mind you, I'm excited for it. It seems to indicate that I'll be staying past the season, which I'm up for. And I am interested in how Target interacts with its inventory programs and protocols. But I wonder what to expect, exactly, from "logistics training."

Well, since you've already been trained for flow, it sounds like you might be getting cross-trained in the backroom. Logistics includes flow, backroom, and receiving.

Hit the price checker or look around, is your best bet.

Items that have a second location will have an asterisk next to the schematic on the DC label as well (ex: G19 1-2-5*). The label won't tell you the second location, but you'll at least know it has one. The majority of the time it'll be on an endcap near the home, so hopefully you shouldn't have to wander too far.
The problem with this is that labels aren't always updated, or second locations aren't always untied. There can be huge quantities of freight that will show the asterisk, yet have no second locations. Some people will get frustrated and just backstock after checking the home without checking any other location.

Target did some 'surfer' stuff before, I wonder why that was ditched. Basically, one person per area was assigned to double check freight before sending it back. It allowed for personal accountability but unfortunately, a lack of equipment makes it kind of hard. Still, I think it can be effective among the main wave.

Could be wrong, but at my store "Logistics Training" is pushing food truck. But then again, we have a number of oddly named work centers like PFresh Training is pushing ReShop, Guest Service Training is Seasonal, etc.

Flow is so understaffed at our store that its usually the opposite right now. I'm usually alone for the 4AM pulls and regularly get called out to the floor to help push before 8. And pretty much any other team that is in the store that morning is pushing. Its pretty insane and our BR is a disaster right now since I usually only get 1-2 people to help after break. I could write a book on what is wrong with Logistics at our store right now. Its sad.

Could be wrong, but at my store "Logistics Training" is pushing food truck. But then again, we have a number of oddly named work centers like PFresh Training is pushing ReShop, Guest Service Training is Seasonal, etc.

At my store, logistics training tends to mean truck. It never means actual "training."

At my store, logistics training tends to mean truck. It never means actual "training."
Oh wait, you're right. I got my Logistics mixed up. Logistics Zone is food truck. My bad!

Been awhile since I've done the morning stuff.

You're fine. The weird training and offsite and such means different things at different stores and rarely means what it "should" mean.

Last week we needed a PDA in pharmacy to do our orders.... that was a nightmare that day. I was on my way to hunt down the ETL to borrow one for us when it resolved on its own (one appeared). I was working toys on the 26th and the STL asked me why I didn't have a PDA.... but didn't manage to find me one either! LOL!!

To be fair, aren't most of the pdas under the ETL-LOG's name? In my store, we have like Backroom PDAs 1 to 16 all under the ETL-LOGs name. Priority is given to the Flow team since the PDA's they are using are for their team.

To be fair, aren't most of the pdas under the ETL-LOG's name? In my store, we have like Backroom PDAs 1 to 16 all under the ETL-LOGs name. Priority is given to the Flow team since the PDA's they are using are for their team.

All the PDAs in my store (with exception of one for flexible fulfillment) are stored in equipment closet for everyone to use. I think the LPDA the LOD uses has a separate docking station & is kept elsewhere as well.

Oh, we don't really have a equipment closet. All the PDA are lined up in TSC for anyone to use. 1 - 16 are for Logistics. There's one for softlines, one for flex fulfillment, 2 for pricing and one for repacks. The LOD pdas are keep above those, there are usually 2 free ones for TMs to use. One of those usually goes to Pharm, the other to whoever is pushing reshop.

I know it's tough getting a PDA, but I think it's unfair to demand one from the team, when they're using the one's that are under their ETL's name.

Of course if your just BSing with it, and someone needs it for like signing, then the TL will most likely get it from you.

Oh, we don't really have a equipment closet. All the PDA are lined up in TSC for anyone to use. 1 - 16 are for Logistics. There's one for softlines, one for flex fulfillment, 2 for pricing and one for repacks. The LOD pdas are keep above those, there are usually 2 free ones for TMs to use. One of those usually goes to Pharm, the other to whoever is pushing reshop.

I know it's tough getting a PDA, but I think it's unfair to demand one from the team, when they're using the one's that are under their ETL's name.

Of course if your just BSing with it, and someone needs it for like signing, then the TL will most likely get it from you.

At my store, all the PDAs are stored together in a cabinet at the TSC. We don't allocate certain units to workcenters like your store does - whoever is required to use one gets one (i.e. backroom, pricing, instocks, GSTL, LOD). After that, it's first come first serve.

Your store probably uses them as wild cards. We use Logistics Zone as a wild card for CAF pushers and Offsite for Black Friday crowd management. We used to use Zone and Sales Floor as wild cards, but those workcenters went away when we switched to MyTime.

At my store, all the PDAs are stored together in a cabinet at the TSC. We don't allocate certain units to workcenters like your store does - whoever is required to use one gets one (i.e. backroom, pricing, instocks, GSTL, LOD). After that, it's first come first serve.

My store tried this crap of putting lables on the pdas. They asked us how many we needed allocated for logistics and we told them like 7 atleast, they gave us 4. I have 7 BR TM's minimum not counting myself. The softlines ETL put a lable on the SL pda and asks about it everyday its got their lable on it not supposed to be used anywhere else, my ETL-log the other day told him dont be surprised when all the pdas are labled as logistics and walked off. The look on his face was priceless.

We have two cabinets, one in receiving and one in the TSC. We often have sales floor trying to steal from logistics locker so we make sure we all have what we need before allowing anyone to track to pry into our locker.

We have two cabinets, one in receiving and one in the TSC. We often have sales floor trying to steal from logistics locker so we make sure we all have what we need before allowing anyone to track to pry into our locker.

So after log team leaves with the exception of the backroom person, there is a slew of PDAs not getting used and other non log TMs who need one cannot get one because they are locked up and solely allocated for LOG TMs?

Brilliant.

I don't respect the flow team because

1. They leave tons of push they don't finish on the floor. I get leaving it in the area it needs to go but true story no one is going to do your work for you.

2. Cardboard. Never ending amounts of cardboard.

So after log team leaves with the exception of the backroom person, there is a slew of PDAs not getting used and other non log TMs who need one cannot get one because they are locked up and solely allocated for LOG TMs?

Brilliant.
Not at all, can't see where I mentioned that. Sales floor borrows tons of equipment from us, it's not like it's locked and only ETL-Log can unlock the cabinet. It's separated so that the equipment allocated to logistics is actually being used for logistics. I hear on the walkie all the time for people to check logistics locker for equipment. We're not taking our ball and going home.

We know that they borrow equipment after we're gone because half of it ends up back in their locker.

Brilliant.
Not at all, can't see where I mentioned that. Sales floor borrows tons of equipment from us, it's not like it's locked and only ETL-Log can unlock the cabinet. It's separated so that the equipment allocated to logistics is actually being used for logistics. I hear on the walkie all the time for people to check logistics locker for equipment. We're not taking our ball and going home.

We know that they borrow equipment after we're gone because half of it ends up back in their locker.

Perhaps I misunderstood "our locker".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back