No one to let me in the store

I am extremely upset right now. I am supposed to be working 2am to 10:30am today (as well as the rest of the week) but it is now 2:20am and no one is here to let me in. The entire parking lot is empty and I tried pounding on the employee door for 5 minutes, but I gave up and got back in my car. I don’t feel safe standing in the dark at 2am in a deserted parking lot. I tried calling the store and pressing 0, but it just ends the call because no one is there to answer the phone! How long do I sit in my car before I give up and go home? I know there will definitely be someone here at 3:30am for truck, but waiting 1 1/2 hours in my car is asking a lot especially because of the time of night/morning.
Any ideas??

No. We have an employee entrance door in the back of the building. Besides the truck doesn’t come till after 4am so no one is near receiving yet. Also since there are no cars in the parking lot after almost an hour I don’t think anyone is there.

Okay I have officially been here an hour. I am going home. I’m cold and tired and really angry. I’ll try calling the store at 3:30 and telling them what happened

Okay I have officially been here an hour. I am going home. I’m cold and tired and really angry. I’ll try calling the store at 3:30 and telling them what happened
I'd be feeling exactly the same way. Had something similar happen, but not nearly as bad, a few years back. No truck that day, so it must have been all of us there for ad set, waiting, waiting, waiting. I was pretty steamed, but no apology from the late-arriving TL.
Let us know how it all shakes out?

If they were no cars in the parking lot, no one was there to let anyone in. My guess is there was a typo on the schedule. Maybe meant to be a pm shift instead of an am shift.

However, there are a lot of factors missing in this story to get a full picture of what may or may not have happened. Questions like: if the truck doesn't start until 4 why would anyone be scheduled for 2? Is this the TM's usual shift? What is their workcenter?

Update? Good job deciding to leave. Definitely do a punch correction if that was your scheduled shift. You get paid for time waiting past schedule.

It’s really irritating when we have to wait outside for long especially when the weather is not favorable . The maximum I have stood outside is 20min. Nobody says atleast sorry or anything similar to us . Feels so disrespectful!! Atleast if we had the bell someone at the floor would hear. But we don’t have it for ages .

You waited an hour but knew someone would of been there in within another 30 minutes and then left. At that point i would of just went and got a coffee or something then came back and did a punch correction for 2am. No one expects you to wait that long after 30 minutes i would of been gone and called when the next person came in. Definitely get that sorted out for the rest of the week.

Yeah absolutely not. I don't know about you, but the back of my store is dark and very sketchy. We're only allowed to use the front entrance if it's dark outside period. Make them pay you. Whoever makes the schedule can start doing their job correctly.

Yeah absolutely not. I don't know about you, but the back of my store is dark and very sketchy. We're only allowed to use the front entrance if it's dark outside period. Make them pay you. Whoever makes the schedule can start doing their job correctly.
We have to wait in our cars until waved in and then walk in together. Nobody is supposed to walk to the entrance alone.

I had this situation happen to me when I was an inbound TM. Whole team and I waited outside for like an hour. The TL that was supposed to come in that morning got his schedule mixed up apparently. I called the GM1 TL and Store director who where off that day and for the whole thing sorted out. They payed us the hour we waited outside and where expected to continue our shift like normal and just do what we could get done. It was over 14 TM’s waiting between inbound, DBO’s and fufillment waiting outside. Pretty sure that TL got a stern talking to.

Back