Archived No Soft Lines/AA Seasonal Team Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is a rumor going around my store that we aren’t hiring any seasonal team members for SL/AA. As it is, we are super understaffed and are constantly behind with carts and zbars. I’m just confused why they wouldn’t hire any seasonal team members. Is this happening at any other stores?

Just think of the hours you're gonna get.

So there is a rumor going around my store that we aren’t hiring any seasonal team members for SL/AA. As it is, we are super understaffed and are constantly behind with carts and zbars. I’m just confused why they wouldn’t hire any seasonal team members. Is this happening at any other stores?

Only Flow and Cashiers are seasonal in my store. If and a huge if proform well they might get asked to stay.

This is because it's a speciality position.

Now you can hire seasonals for it but it's not ideal. AA team members are expected to have apparel experience and/or be ready to sell.

Technically you aren't supposed to just hire bums off the street like some stores do for flow and cashier.

We didn't hire any seasonals for apparel but have hired 2 regulars since good talent there is so hard to find.

Last edited:
Your store doesn't post the list of openings on one of the boards in tsc?? If not, I've seen my store's openings (and the ones nearby) on indeed. My store's hiring, but I honestly don't remember if the AA openings were regular and seasonal or just regular. I look at the list on the board like everyday because I'm nosey af.

This is because it's a speciality position.

Now you can hire seasonals for it but it's not ideal. AA team members are expected to have apparel experience and/or be ready to sell.

Technically you aren't supposed to just hire bums off the street like some stores do for flow and cashier.

We didn't hire any seasonals for apparel but have hired 2 regulars since good talent there is so hard to find.

We're hiring plenty of A&A seasonal TM's in my store. Plenty of them are 16 & 17 year olds who are being hired at the higher base rate and based on their participation in orientation I'm sure will be giving minimal effort.

It pained me to key in their starting salaries. (Btw, which is still way higher than my hourly after many years at Target.)

In my store, we are hiring permanent for A&A, grocery, beauty, and electronics. Seasonals in every other department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back