Archived No two weeks trend

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently had a few team members quit without notice. It seems like these things come in trends the entire month of August I had call offs almost every night that stopped when corrective action started for people. Who seem to be the ones quiting. But seriously these people are mixed ages 18-56 and each have stuff they need to worry about paying for school gas family. In this economy I just don't get it. Plus what's so hard about 2 weeks? I mean I get it when your done your done but guess what my HR team holds grudges and they're intense they'll make sure your not hired again.

The worst is when a few of them visited and said they made mistakes and yet still another followed the trend. Is this an issue with anyone else?
Plus advice on how to keep morale up among my team? Some of them are annoyed because we've been filling some shifts but others we just go without and have rough closing because we can't get someone in. (yes as a Tl I care deeply about my team I just want to make sure the rest of them are in a good place. I try to give them a consistent schedule tell them how much I appreciate them and sometimes just 'recognize' someone who seems bummed out to cheer them up. $5 at Starbucks works magic)

Ethics are missing with the kids now. Stbx card does works wonders on some folks. It's hard to get good zoners at night. We are still weeding out the lemons.

we have a trend at our store of new hires up and leaving orientation during the videos, not showing up for orientation at all never to be heard from, or completing orientation and either not showing up their first shift or missing so much work that they are fired within a week.

Blows my mind too, but I think that starting off at target at a low wage and low hours, these people get hired on at one of the other companies they applied at, and take that!

I have to admit, I am one of those people who just stopped showing up. I worked at Target for about 8 months, and it was like cyanide and happiness for me... I mean, it was usually a fun place, the execs usually helped the team members if we were running behind on something, but I just couldnt stand the fake "fast fun friendly" attitudes when i wasnt even getting enough hours to pay my rent. I got a job at mcdonalds and am actually making more than i was at target, but might be starting a new job making more than i made at target in a couple weeks.

we have a trend at our store of new hires up and leaving orientation during the videos, not showing up for orientation at all never to be heard from, or completing orientation and either not showing up their first shift or missing so much work that they are fired within a week.

Blows my mind too, but I think that starting off at target at a low wage and low hours, these people get hired on at one of the other companies they applied at, and take that!

this.happens.all.the.time
I would almost pay money to know the real reason - you knew the wage, you knew it was retail, we told you it was part time - where is the disconnect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back