Archived Nobody yells at the ETLs! That's my job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though your intentions were good, the idea isn't.

Why he went off is still retarded, as that's nothing to get that upset about.

What i don't think you realize is if they manage to get one off, the second one wont really do anything but lose you another spider wrap. That ************ ain't cheap and one will do the job. If they walk out with it, you lost 2 and it didn't help your cause any.

Oh, I understand now.

I haven't seen a guest here clip the spiderwraps, it's happened a grand total of once at our store. It has always been trying to go through the packaging and grab the product.

Two spiderwraps sends a message to people that this item is being carefully protected and watched. I put out a $400 X-BOX with two of those suckers and didn't have to worry about it being stolen. However, with only one spiderwrap we lost quite a few X-BOX live arcades because they were taking the box, cut the system out and dropping the box in containers elsewhere in the store.

It's not going to stop the guys who are going to cut through the spiderwraps, only more people watching are going to do that. This just stops another class of criminals.

Ever try using a combination of lock pegs and spiderwrap? Or is that not brand?

That is a good question. I always use a combination of lock pegs and spiderwraps because it's always easy, even with the plastic peg protectors (that prevent an easy cut off the peg), people still cut stuff off the locked pegs (or just rip it off). I then go even further, in a way that may not be best practice (but totally isn't mentioned) and HANG IT BY THE SPIDERWRAP. Nothing I have ever hung up this way has ever been stolen. Ever. And I dare anyone to try without my calling AP to tackle their asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back