Archived Non-rehireable for Misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been separated with Target in February. Long story short, I mixed up my own gift cards with one from a guest that was left behind. Days later, used that same guest's card with my discount and ended up being flagged in the system. Was an honest unintentional mindless mistake. Started working for another company for a short minute and realized I'm not happy with where I am. I talked with HR about getting rehired, but unfortunately, they said there isn't anything they can do at this point and to try another store as they have more leeway in accepting or turning down my application. Talked to the STL in hopes of getting a shot at redemption, but was told it was not recommended to return to the same store. I have been at the store for 5 years and have grown so much. Even the team is like second family. Is there any chance of coming back to the same store in the future? Is there anyone I could reach out to that could help me get considered? Applying to another location is the last thing I want to do.

They already told you no, and even gave you the suggestion of trying another store. What else is there to think about?

‘Getting gift cards mixed up’; how? You scan it when the register prompts and immediately hand it to the guest. Why would any gift card of yours be anywhere but your wallet while you’re working at the lanes or service desk? I’m not hopping on the accusatory bandwagon here but as someone who has seen a GSA use this as an excuse when they were fired, and countless TMs, I just don’t buy that line.

‘Getting gift cards mixed up’; how? You scan it when the register prompts and immediately hand it to the guest. Why would any gift card of yours be anywhere but your wallet while you’re working at the lanes or service desk? I’m not hopping on the accusatory bandwagon here but as someone who has seen a GSA use this as an excuse when they were fired, and countless TMs, I just don’t buy that line.

tbh I've forgotten to hand GiftCards to guests before (happens way more at Guest Service where I set it on top of the register to do a receipt lookup/refund then forget to hand it back) but when it happens I log it in the paid and left binder and lock it up

my wallet is never out of my pocket when i'm not on break and i don't see how OP's situation could have happened if he's telling us the full truth

tbh I've forgotten to hand GiftCards to guests before (happens way more at Guest Service where I set it on top of the register to do a receipt lookup/refund then forget to hand it back) but when it happens I log it in the paid and left binder and lock it up

my wallet is never out of my pocket when i'm not on break and i don't see how OP's situation could have happened if he's telling us the full truth
I can understand the left behind part, but how does the next step not be either another guest pointing it out to you, or another guest taking it, or you noticing it?

I can understand the left behind part, but how does the next step not be either another guest pointing it out to you, or another guest taking it, or you noticing it?
The moment I realized when the gift card was still by the card reader, the guest had already walked out the building and they have a policy about chasing a guest outside of the store. He was supposed to be my last guest because I had turned off my light and a few more guests had walked up. To save myself confusion with the gift cards thats already been activated, I put it on myself before I rang up the next guest. But I sure thought wrong...

To save myself confusion with the gift cards thats already been activated, I put it on myself before I rang up the next guest.
wut?

So you put it in the same pocket that you had other gift cards of yours in?

Did you turn in a gift card of yours instead then?

Interesting that they would term you for a single incident.
My AP says they always looks for multiple incidents because it establishes a pattern rather than a random act.
Of course they say that, they want people to think they can get away with stuff, like taking a guest’s gift card lol

Interesting that they would term you for a single incident.
My AP says they always looks for multiple incidents because it establishes a pattern rather than a random act.
That's what they said too or they'll wait til it gets to a high dollar amount, then take action.

Is there any chance of coming back to the same store in the future? Is there anyone I could reach out to that could help me get considered? Applying to another location is the last thing I want to do.

I am going to be honest with you: You have pretty much no chance at any Target store. Gross Misconduct (what you got terminated for) is the worst fireable offense that a TM could have committed. To them, hiring you back would be like knowingly inviting future trouble to the store.

Firstly, I don't believe it was a mistake.

Second, if it was, you demomstrated that you are too dumb to be trusted with other people's assets. Who in their right mind puts a guest gift card in their pocket and doesn't intend to steal it? Why was the coupon drawer or check slot on the register not an option? Why didn't you turn on your blinker? Why didn't you say "Hey I don't know which of these gift cards is mine and which belongs to the guest?"

Because you intended to steal it. If you will steal from the guests when given an opportunity (that you know damn well is on video) you will steal from Target.

Also it is stupid to think that AP lets you keep stealing until you have a felony. They let you steal until they have conclusive evidence that you are stealing, whether that is one dollar or one thousand.

Nice try theif

We all know that real target tms don't even use gift cards because gift cards that only work at one place ate dumb

Also lol @ trying to get back in target. Work your shit job until a better one comes along, target is going downhill, why try so hard to get back in

"I was holding it for a friend" lol

Anyways-

This is the consequence of your actions. You may have grown but that's not enough to get your job back. If try a different store and if they say "No" move on.

they have a policy about chasing a guest outside of the store.

Surprised nobody said anything about this lol. That pertains to AP and apprehensions. You wouldn’t be faulted for going outside to a guest in order to right a wrong. Type up that resume and go get a better job pal.

GyZSWOR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back