Archived Non-rehireable for Misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how long these kind of threads go on for. Come on, everyone! Get your hits in! :D

hTDGHhb.gif

You keep your gift cards in your wallet away from your work area. Period.

Firstly, I don't believe it was a mistake.

Second, if it was, you demomstrated that you are too dumb to be trusted with other people's assets. Who in their right mind puts a guest gift card in their pocket and doesn't intend to steal it? Why was the coupon drawer or check slot on the register not an option? Why didn't you turn on your blinker? Why didn't you say "Hey I don't know which of these gift cards is mine and which belongs to the guest?"

Because you intended to steal it. If you will steal from the guests when given an opportunity (that you know damn well is on video) you will steal from Target.

Also it is stupid to think that AP lets you keep stealing until you have a felony. They let you steal until they have conclusive evidence that you are stealing, whether that is one dollar or one thousand.
Blame people like these for us having low hours.

Surprised nobody said anything about this lol. That pertains to AP and apprehensions. You wouldn’t be faulted for going outside to a guest in order to right a wrong. Type up that resume and go get a better job pal.

When we had bags in CA, I used to chase a couple of guests a day.
One bag for food. One bag for non-food. One bag usually had 1-2 things in it and looked empty until I used it for the next guest and went running.

You keep your gift cards in your wallet away from your work area. Period.
No, you just never put a guests gift card anywhere other than in the guests hands, or, if they left it, a GSTL/AP’s hands.

Putting a guests GC in your pocket is just stupid. Not turning into ap when you realized you did something stupid is even worse.

Theft of promo gift card from a guest is an HR issue, not really AP. We do investigate it though. I don’t want to encourage people to do it, but I will say it very rarely gets you fired on a first offense. If you’ve otherwise have been a good employee and they think it was a one time mistake (I use that term loosely), then it usually ends in a final warning. Not termination.

Either you were a problem employee or your leaving out a lot of details.

Regardless, whatever you were fired for, unless the HR screwed up the termination process, you won’t be rehirable at any Target.

Theft of promo gift card from a guest is an HR issue, not really AP. We do investigate it though. I don’t want to encourage people to do it, but I will say it very rarely gets you fired on a first offense. If you’ve otherwise have been a good employee and they think it was a one time mistake (I use that term loosely), then it usually ends in a final warning. Not termination.

Either you were a problem employee or your leaving out a lot of details.

Regardless, whatever you were fired for, unless the HR screwed up the termination process, you won’t be rehirable at any Target.
Wow, things have changed. Like 8 years ago my close friend and room mate got fired and arrested for stealing a guests gift card because he had no food. I know the reason doesn’t matter. This was his only offense. He was also a very dedicated worker. He was banned from Target for one year and had to pay court fees/restitution. I don’t remember the amount, but I’m pretty sure it was 50$ or less on the gift card.

Wow, things have changed. Like 8 years ago my close friend and room mate got fired and arrested for stealing a guests gift card because he had no food. I know the reason doesn’t matter. This was his only offense. He was also a very dedicated worker. He was banned from Target for one year and had to pay court fees/restitution. I don’t remember the amount, but I’m pretty sure it was 50$ or less on the gift card.
He stole from spot.

I wouldn’t want to return to a company that had trust issues with me. Better to start anew.

It really depends. Most of the time I see it, it involves small amounts like $5 or $10 promo gift cards. Larger amounts usually do result in termination, but those cases usually have other theft involved as well.

Also 8 years ago the economy wasn’t as great and Target had a bigger pool of talent to hire from. With the unemployment rate so low, at least in my area, they can’t be as picky anymore.

But make no mistake. If they want you gone you can and will be fired for small amounts, no matter the circumstances.

this thread really makes me thankful for TBR awareing me to the "gift card + discount" rule that I was >>unknowingly<< breaking, before it landed me in deepest doodoo. All good tho because my replacement redcard came in the mail yesterday, come @ me Spot
Which rule are you referring to?

Buying a Target giftcard with a non-Target credit/debit card for the purpose of using said giftcard with TM discount.

I had a TM from the store down the street come in and do this numerous times. I told her that it was not OK. (Obviously if it was, she'd be doing it at her own store, which was bigger, cleaner and all-around better.)
So, I gave her info to AP. she quit coming around eventually.

He stole from spot.
Correct. Not disputing that. I just think it's interesting how Target handles things these days. A cashier was stealing money, a decent amount and no charges were filed. He just got fired. I don't comprehend it but I don't try to much these days.

Buying a Target giftcard with a non-Target credit/debit card for the purpose of using said giftcard with TM discount.

Had a TM using her g/c she purchased with her credit card at my lane the other day. Wouldn't have known except she told me as much. Explained that wasn't allowed, and if she wanted to do that, at least buy her Target g/c's at the grocery store accross the street.

Interesting that they would term you for a single incident.
My AP says they always looks for multiple incidents because it establishes a pattern rather than a random act.
Yeah, but in this case, I assume it was a blatant integrity issue. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it was super obvious he intended to do what he did.

Last edited:
Sooo... I've been given another chance at another store!

I appreciate those who gave an honest input.
Special thanks to all the attackers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back