Archived Non truck days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I started at target a few years ago we took 7 gm trucks a week, starting next week we are not taking a truck on Sundays and I was wondering how different stores run on non truck days. We have 3 backroom people (7 hour shifts) + flow tl (8 hour shift) on the schedule, our autofills on Sundays range from 8:30 to 11 hours, does that seems reasonable? I thought they would schedule at least 2 people to start pushing right away as soon as the first batches were pulled and I don't see us pulling pushing and backstocking everything but maybe I'm wrong. We are a 4am unload store.

What we do is pull the batches and hopefully get done by six. Once the batches are pulled and back from break stock market, A and B. Then go to lunch. Finish C and D, E and seasonal. Then go to break. Hopefully the electronics team member can stock the electronic pulls for you guys. Normally softlines team members work the softlines pulls for us while we take care of the infant hardlines. Hopefully everything is done by 10:30 to 11ish and backstock whatever is left and work on whatever it is you have going on.

Now of course what I said depends on the size of the autofills.

I am in a B volume store, we do 5 GM trucks a week during slower parts of the season, 6-7 GM trucks during the holidays.

Non-truck days are *freaking heaven*.....depending upon your position of course, but there is no flow-team, no truck to unload and push. It's...peaceful. Pull the autos, have them pushed, some people have time to do extras. Usually we have pushers scheduled in an hour after we start pulling, sometimes the pulls are too big for the scheduled pushing staff so backroom has to go push some too. Pull it, push it, backstock it. That's how it sometimes works, and it seems unfair but that's how it works out sometimes.

We take four RDC trucks and three FDC trucks a week.

The days we don't take RDC:
- Start on pulls
- When the FDC comes, half of the team split up to start working it
- Sundays, we start on ad first, then FDC, then pulls

We usually have 2-3 BR to pull autofill and 2 flow to start push right away. Our autofill is 2-4 hours on weekdays and 4-8 on Sunday.

I am flow on truck days until 11 and pog on non truck all day. truck days are M/W/F and fdc is sun. im off weekends so I dont know how that goes, but the store is just so damn peaceful on non truck days. it really is like a day off compared to a 1500-2000 piece truck. the days I do work backroom on a non truck day it's so nice having all the time in the world to do the morning pulls, audits, etc. without the hassle of helping the flow team. I'm all for one team but the more relaxed the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back