Archived Normal for Backroom??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's just something I do since I know what it's like to work a messy pull.

Here's the situation on the baler. I've brought it up numerous times.

The baler is "full" because sales floor didn't flatten the boxes before they put them in the baler. They leave unflattened boxes on the floor with styrofoam and plastic in them. First problem is they didn't flatten them first. Fine. Now let's say they called a BR TM (they didn't). They should leave the boxes by the baler flattened and detrashed. Here's the thing though. You don't need a key for the baler! Now add to this that the female BR TMs are not trained on making a bale. If they are scheduled in the morning, I come into a "full" baler (arrows not meeting, but they say it's full) and carts, tubs, and flats with boxes lined up along the hall where the baler is. I am told to make a bale and throw all trash.

At the end of the day, I have to do what I'm told and I get paid the same amount to backstock, pull, or throw trash. I leave at my scheduled time.

Yeah, that's just something I do since I know what it's like to work a messy pull.

Here's the situation on the baler. I've brought it up numerous times.

The baler is "full" because sales floor didn't flatten the boxes before they put them in the baler. They leave unflattened boxes on the floor with styrofoam and plastic in them. First problem is they didn't flatten them first. Fine. Now let's say they called a BR TM (they didn't). They should leave the boxes by the baler flattened and detrashed. Here's the thing though. You don't need a key for the baler! Now add to this that the female BR TMs are not trained on making a bale. If they are scheduled in the morning, I come into a "full" baler (arrows not meeting, but they say it's full) and carts, tubs, and flats with boxes lined up along the hall where the baler is. I am told to make a bale and throw all trash.

At the end of the day, I have to do what I'm told and I get paid the same amount to backstock, pull, or throw trash. I leave at my scheduled time.
Yeah... thats not the process at all... they're taking advantage of you. there is no reason why a female opener can't make a bale. and if she wants to work in the backroom she needs to make bales as they fill up. but you are right, if your ETL is telling you that this is what you have to do then there really isn't much that you can do about it. You could call the hotline... but then your TLs may turn against you.

One more thing I forgot to mention: the signing TM is the only other non-flow, non-BR that knows how to make a bale. He is there when POG is. I know he's busy, but we all are.

When backstocking we always keep a small empty box nearby to put the "tabs" off of the pic labels in ....it makes it easier than having to sweep them up at the end of the day. I had a etl log who taught me the hard way, to put my pulls on the tub/flat nice and neat. How did she do this? She made me push what I had pulled...from that moment I realized that when you place things on the tub nice and neat its sooooooooo much easier to push.

When backstocking we always keep a small empty box nearby to put the "tabs" off of the pic labels in ....it makes it easier than having to sweep them up at the end of the day. I had a etl log who taught me the hard way, to put my pulls on the tub/flat nice and neat. How did she do this? She made me push what I had pulled...from that moment I realized that when you place things on the tub nice and neat its sooooooooo much easier to push.

Usually when we get a new BR trainee, they'll have a day or two on cashier/hardlines. Those hardlines days definitely do a lot in showing how much more efficiently pushing can be done when we organize our pulls and make sure they're neatly placed in the carts/tubs. Push gets done faster, and usually there's less for us to backstock because the sales floor TM didn't get frustrated and give up.

Now if only we could get new sales floor trainees scheduled for a back room shift...then everyone would know what everyone else is dealing with.

There is a much simpler solution. When you take the pic label off you just turn the tab sideways and stick in to the box using the pic label. It should resemble a plus sign with the tab going vertically and the pic label going horizontally. You don't need to sweep, or keep a box handy.

There is a much simpler solution. When you take the pic label off you just turn the tab sideways and stick in to the box using the pic label. It should resemble a plus sign with the tab going vertically and the pic label going horizontally. You don't need to sweep, or keep a box handy.
We are not allowed to do that as our dtl doesn't like the way it looks.

We are not allowed to do that as our dtl doesn't like the way it looks.

Uh...your DTL looks an random boxes in the backroom and goes "OMG TEH LABEL LOOKS WEIRD!" ? I don't think I've ever seen our DTL even peek his head in our backroom let alone walk down aisles and look at product.

The current dtl doesn't show up hardly ever. The one before he would walk the store in detail...seems like he was there all the time. He would literally go in the backroom pick a random aisle ask for a pda and do a location audit, check the zone etc....very anal to say the least.

The one before he would walk the store in detail...seems like he was there all the time. He would literally go in the backroom pick a random aisle ask for a pda and do a location audit, check the zone etc....very anal to say the least.

He sounds exactly like a DTL we used to have a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back